Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

now remeber kids to replace your oil pump belt or this will happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now remeber kids to replace your oil pump belt or this will happen

lol i jad a tick and it slightly got worse i thought it was valve and it was bent bad

an soi thought nuthing of it but as i was driving along i heard a loud pop and my oil pressure light began to flicker and flicker fast so i pulled over at first i thought i broke that damn valve

so i got it towed by a civic lol to my house to have a look after poping the hood and looking around i noticed a large amount of liquid on my header and i wondered were it was comming from so i looked behind my header

to my demise and also a surprise i had a hole in my block to the size of a quarter

so i replaced the engine and after i had the new engine in i decided to tear the blown one apart to see what i did

when i took the oil pan off i herd a loud clank when i pulled it all the way off i found peices of metal and i looked at them, they where piceses of a coneccting rod clamp and that wierd looking tubing just inside the lower half

after i pulled the broken piceses off i looked in the cylinders and to my surprise not only did i break a con rod but i shattered it and the attached pics are of the biggest picese out of the thousand or so pile of metal shavings in my oil pan

so let this be a reminder to always check your oil pump

*EDIT*
    Last edited by AK-49-CB7; 03-28-2009, 08:37 AM.

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
    but who says that i
    have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

So your timing belt broke? There is no "oil pump belt". Our motors only have timing belt.

Also, a timing belt breaking wouldn't cause this. You either forgot to change your oil A LOT, and/or the motor was starved of oil. The oil pump was bad and probably wasn't providing enough pressure to the rods.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol no when i pulled the motor i pulled the timing cover off and there where two belts one infront of the other one whent to the cam and one made a smaller circle arounf two sprokets at the bottom it goes around the water pump and oil pump and that belt broke not circulating oil to the cylender walls seizing the piston shattering the con

but who says that i

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

now that is a kick in the asss!
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

OMG.

The smaller one is balance shaft belt. It wouldn't cause anything to happen. Know how I know? I don't run one. As a matter of fact, I don't run that belt on ANY one of my customers cars unless they REALLY mind the vibrations.

THe belt doesn't run your water pump NOR oil pump. The bigger belt does that.

Comment

Originally posted by AK-49-CB7 View Post
            lol no when i pulled the motor i pulled the timing cover off and there where two belts one infront of the other one whent to the cam and one made a smaller circle arounf two sprokets at the bottom it goes around the water pump and oil pump and that belt broke not circulating oil to the cylender walls seizing the piston shattering the con
            i didnt know there was a belt in there. the oil pump works off the crank
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

lol ok well screw the damn belt anyway my oil pump went out and it seized my piston and i shattered into a million piceses i was pissed lol but hay it was funny and i enjoyed taking apart the motor

but who says that i

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

i think i was misinformed about that so my bad but ya i know for sure it was the pump

but who says that i

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  OMG.

The smaller one is balance shaft belt. It wouldn't cause anything to happen. Know how I know? I don't run one. As a matter of fact, I don't run that belt on ANY one of my customers cars unless they REALLY mind the vibrations.

THe belt doesn't run your water pump NOR oil pump. The bigger belt does that.
                  fuck the balance shaft belt.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                    Originally Posted by AK-49-CB7
                    i didnt know there was a belt in there. the oil pump works off the crank
                    You didn't know there was a belt under the timing belt cover?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      You didn't know there was a belt under the timing belt cover?
                      Oil belt dude. I tore apart enough engines to know there's a timing belt, never heard of a oil belt
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                        Oil belt dude. I tore apart enough engines to know there's a timing belt, never heard of a oil belt
                        Just yanking your chain.

Comment

from the looks of the piston it seems there was some overheating.

correct?

me and my 90' Accord LX

http://www.myspace.com/truenogtapex

Comment

uhh..yeah. the oil. It hot, it lost its lubricating properties and the motor locked up and broke the rod.

Comment

balance shafts seizing can cause engine failure also. Either way thank Mitsubishi lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X