Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats wrong with my transmission?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats wrong with my transmission?!?

when im doing about 75 my rpms are at about 3.5k is this normal??

yessir sorry forgot to put that

Comment

torque converter not locking?

i drove an automativ and the revs were 3k at 60mph. it was kinda wierd but then again it is only a 4 speed.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        torque converter not locking?

i drove an automativ and the revs were 3k at 60mph. it was kinda wierd but then again it is only a 4 speed.
        idk...also when im driving and the car shifts from lets say 2nd to 3rd it revs up really high then goes into gear....but im thinking that problem is the cable thats leads from the throttle body to the tranny cuz just recently the bracket that holds the cable came off idk where but it did the screw's missing n everything lol

Comment

check your fluid. that cable is the kick down cable so when you floor it it will kick the trans down a gear. that sounds like slipping to me witch i had the same problem in my 92 4door you might need a torque converter or a new trans, you might just be low on fluid.
          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

The delay shifting could be tranny solenoids and the high rpm while doin75 mph could be your torque converter not going to lock up
            Originally posted by CBboY126 View Post
            idk...also when im driving and the car shifts from lets say 2nd to 3rd it revs up really high then goes into gear....but im thinking that problem is the cable thats leads from the throttle body to the tranny cuz just recently the bracket that holds the cable came off idk where but it did the screw's missing n everything lol
            Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

Thats not that high for an automatic 4 speed tranny... i have a honda certified rebuilt trans in mine with about 2000 miles on it now. and at 70 i'm doing 3k. but from everything else you said it sounds liek your trans is slipping. Check your fluid level, but usually once its slipping then the damage has already been done. Also you can add some Lucas trans additive and see if that helps it some.

Comment

damn i could have sworn i just said the same thing. huh?
                Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92Inspire View Post
                  damn i could have sworn i just said the same thing. huh?
                  offended?
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Time for a 5-speed swap. 80 MPH = 3k for me.

Comment

Sound like normal to me.
                      My buddy's has the same thing with both his cb. Even its the same to my auto cb.

Just check your tranny fluid.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

i checked my fluid its fine...maybe it is the converter.i hope not! =(...i wanna do the A2M swap but idk how hard it is lol

Comment

On my auto tranny I don't hit 3k till 80.
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                          X