Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new swap tire prom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new swap tire prom

hey i just did an h22 swap,megan headers,f22 tranny with a chipped/tuned
    p28 ,sounds good but my tires won't stick. i'm wearing some michelin 215/45r17 which are about 25% worn. I will move off from a dead stop at regular rpms then ill punch it at about 3500 rpms and when the vtech kicks at 4500rpms the wheels just start spinning all the way to 7500 rpms. What kind of tires can i get to help solve this problem??????

Are you sure your clutch isn't slipping? I find it hard to believe you could spin the tires through that many rpms with just vtec.

Vtec isn't all that powerful as people make it.

Comment

I have a hard time understanding you.

First off, you went into plenty of detail about your engine, but the question is about your tires. You told us the brand and size... not which Michelin tire you're running. That is extremely important.
      Are your tires bald on the inside? That would cause a loss of traction.

Maybe launching at 3500 is too much. Don't dump the clutch, feather it.

Comment

sounds like somone needs a tune if its hitting that hard at vtec. or like said your clutch is done. your roasting tires like that with a F series rtranny>?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          I have a hard time understanding you.

First off, you went into plenty of detail about your engine, but the question is about your tires. You told us the brand and size... not which Michelin tire you're running. That is extremely important.
          Are your tires bald on the inside? That would cause a loss of traction.

Maybe launching at 3500 is too much. Don't dump the clutch, feather it.
          whaen i say punch it i just mean hitting the gas it has nohing to do with the clutch,besides its abrand ne excedy stage 1 with a 10 pound flywheel. and no i said my tires have 75% left on them

Comment

Originally posted by Sick1CamF22EJ1 View Post
            sounds like somone needs a tune if its hitting that hard at vtec. or like said your clutch is done. your roasting tires like that with a F series rtranny>?
            trust me this vtech is sick and don't sleep on the f series tranny the gears are way longer better for me. i could hit 105 in 3rd at 7000 rpms

Comment

10# flywheel and good motor mounts could do that. Also, what is your suspension set up? If you have soft rear springs that could take enough weight off your front end to reduce traction. It's def. way more than just tires

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                10# flywheel and good motor mounts could do that. Also, what is your suspension set up? If you have soft rear springs that could take enough weight off your front end to reduce traction. It's def. way more than just tires
                word! im on skunk2 coilovers/tokico blues slammed

Comment

godammit i can mod every other DIY but for the life of me i cant seem to open a set of 90 bumper light!! end rant (BTW i noticed urs are blkd out nice)
                  Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by simha1 View Post
                    trust me this vtech is sick and don't sleep on the f series tranny the gears are way longer better for me. i could hit 105 in 3rd at 7000 rpms
                    little do you know. for 1 its not fucking VTECH ricer. its VTEC. and VTEC is to be A SMOOTH transition, otherwise your tune is shit. since when the hell are longer gears better? LOL this isnt the damn daytona 500.

Comment

little do you know. for 1 its not fucking VTECH ricer. its VTEC. and VTEC is to be A SMOOTH transition, otherwise your tune is shit. since when the hell are longer gears better? LOL this isnt the damn daytona 500.
                      Take a week off.

Comment

Originally posted by simha1 View Post
                        whaen i say punch it i just mean hitting the gas it has nohing to do with the clutch,besides its abrand ne excedy stage 1 with a 10 pound flywheel. and no i said my tires have 75% left on them
                        You still didn't provide any useful information.

75% left on WHAT tires? Michelin makes a wide range of tires. Some grip better than others.

You have a brand new clutch, which should grab nicely if you broke it in properly. If you hit the gas and dump the clutch at 3500 RPM, you will most likely spin your tires. That's a lot of power transferred to the tires all at once. It has EVERYTHING to do with your clutch and how you use it.

Of course, now that I re-read your nearly indecipherable first post, I see what you mean. You're not launching. This is happening while you're rolling, when you hit the gas at 3500rpm. Gotcha.

Ok, so you're dumped on Tokico blues (not exactly a smart thing to do... they're only stock replacement struts, not performance pieces). Do you have a camber kit? Have your had your wheels aligned since you lowered the car? Are the inside of your tires bald? The outside and center can look perfectly fine, but the inside can be showing belts if your camber/toe is bad enough.

Comment

Ok, so you're dumped on Tokico blues... Do you have a camber kit? Have your had your wheels aligned since you lowered the car? Are the inside of your tires bald? The outside and center can look perfectly fine, but the inside can be showing belts if your camber/toe is bad enough.
                          your best bet. non boosted h22's dont just light the ground below them ablaze when you stomp it. unless there is another factor involved. now the defender michilen isn't that good of a tire especailly for traction. but with 75% tread i would doubt even a defender would do that.

so more likely is that your nice drop, may have you riding on the inner edge of your tire heavily. this shouldn't really reduce traction that much but if you let the inner tire wear out(would need to really take the tire off the car to tell) then it could be a bald/minimal contact patch thats causing your problems
                          Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

aside from all the harsh words i agree.

it is VTEC. i dont really understand (or care) why so many people freak out about the spelling, but they do. we all know what is being referred to.

your transition to vtec should be pretty smooth. its not a turbo or nitrous so it certainly shouldnt be breaking your tires loose on its own.

i wouldnt think longer gears really matter one way or the other for your particular problem. shorter would definitely make it easier to break traction but thats neither here nor there in this case.

you still havent told us what model tire you are running.
                            i suspect a few things are working against you all at once.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

75% left on WHAT tires? Michelin makes a wide range of tires. Some grip better than others.

You have a brand new clutch, which should grab nicely if you broke it in properly. If you hit the gas and dump the clutch at 3500 RPM, you will most likely spin your tires. That's a lot of power transferred to the tires all at once. It has EVERYTHING to do with your clutch and how you use it.

Of course, now that I re-read your nearly indecipherable first post, I see what you mean. You're not launching. This is happening while you're rolling, when you hit the gas at 3500rpm. Gotcha.

Ok, so you're dumped on Tokico blues (not exactly a smart thing to do... they're only stock replacement struts, not performance pieces). Do you have a camber kit? Have your had your wheels aligned since you lowered the car? Are the inside of your tires bald? The outside and center can look perfectly fine, but the inside can be showing belts if your camber/toe is bad enough.

To elaborate on the tire models, it could be a wrong speed rating and a flimsy sidewall causing this, bad shocks/springs in the rear or just weak ones and its squatting badly. Tires could be more bald than you think, or cupped or chopped or unusual wear going on in your alignment. Get more tire info por favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X