Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you...

Anybody know how to replace a blower motor?

You have to take the glovebox off... I know that much...

Get a haynes manual at a car store. You can learn pretty much everything.
    Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-19-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

no you dont have to take the dash out i took mine off to replace it with a new one and all you have to do is take off your glove comapartment and look for 4 screws that are holding on to it and unplug the wires and wiggle it around cause its tight in there and it should come right out bro

Comment

Putting the actual topic in the thread title would get you more responses. Why do people insist on making cryptic thread titles?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Why do people insist on making cryptic thread titles?
          To pique your curiosity and lure you in. This doesn't bother me as much as posts that don't even demonstrate a middle-school-level understanding of English. Enough of these make my head hurt, so I've stopped trying to decrypt these messages and simply skip over them.

Comment

I just recently tried to replace the blower motor in my 91 lx coupe. If you have a/c its a pain in the ass, if you have a/c you either have to pull it out from under the dash by removing the ecu, and the side bolts on the dash under the plastic covers. Then you gotta pull on the corner of the dash (you'll most likely crack the under lining plastic) and try to squeeze it out, and thats without removing the evaporator. If you remove the evaporator or the entire dash is the only way to get the housing out without cracking the plastic under the dash (which isn't noticable afterwards). This is my experience. Good Luck!
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by phantomcow2 View Post
              To pique your curiosity and lure you in. This doesn't bother me as much as posts that don't even demonstrate a middle-school-level understanding of English. Enough of these make my head hurt, so I've stopped trying to decrypt these messages and simply skip over them.
              I totally agree with that... There are far too many threads like that around here now!

Descriptive thread titles will draw the attention of people that actually know how to fix the problem, though. Many of the truly knowledgeable people on this forum are very busy, and don't bother reading every single thread. If they see something that they know how to fix, they jump in and spend a couple minutes helping. If they don't see what a thread is about, they may not waste their time even looking at it. Therefore, all the replies will be by people that spend all their time on the forum, and no time wrenching on the car! Lots of "dunno man i have da same problem so lemme know wen u fix it k?"

HondaFan81 made a sticky on the subject of descriptive thread titles. I know for a fact that he doesn't bother with threads that don't say what they're about in the title... and there's not much about these cars that he doesn't know!

Comment

Working...
              X