Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Knocking In Front Right Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocking In Front Right Wheel

My front right wheel has started a sort of wiggling or knocking, it varies depending on my driving habits but it usually happens when I'm turning right or decelerating rapidly. I can usually feel it in the accelerator pedal or the brake pedal but sometimes I can actually feel the car kind of vibrating.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that my rotors are warped? It's wiggled for a while because of my rotors but this feels different.

I've heard a couple of different things this could be, such as the wheel bearing, lower control arm, CV joint, etc.

Is there anything that's pretty well known in CB7s to be a cause of this problem? If so, if it an easy fix and how much does the part usually cost?

Thanks.

Underground.Society
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Mine was the driver side axle. Does it feel as if one of your wheels are loose? I thought it was someone loosening my lug nuts, but then I went to tighten them, they were tight. Few days later, it felt like the whole entire wheel assembly was about to fall off. Took it to the shop, axle was bad. Also, when it was raining, and I drove a few miles, I got out to check the lug nuts again, and smoke was coming from the Axle nut.
    Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 03-17-2009, 08:34 AM.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
      Mine was the driver side axle. Does it feel as if one of your wheels are loose? I thought it was someone loosening my lug nuts, but then I went to tighten them, they were tight. Few days later, it felt like the whole entire wheel assembly was about to fall off. Took it to the shop, axle was bad. Also, when it was raining, and I drove a few miles, I got out to check the lug nuts again, and smoke was coming from the Axle nut.
      It's the passenger side but I'll check that out, thanks

Underground.Society

Comment

Also, when my car was shaking slowing down, I couldn't figure out what it was. Went to get the car aligned, and they told me I needed new upper control arm bushings. They're easy to check. Just take the wheel off, and try to wiggle the upper control arm. If it has any type of play in it, they're bad.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Also, when my car was shaking slowing down, I couldn't figure out what it was. Went to get the car aligned, and they told me I needed new upper control arm bushings. They're easy to check. Just take the wheel off, and try to wiggle the upper control arm. If it has any type of play in it, they're bad.
          Awesome thanks, I'll go check it out right now

Underground.Society

Comment

Just a heads up, if it's the upper control arm bushings, don't try to buy JUST the bushings! I got a set of bushings from energy suspension and tried replacing the bushings, and jesus christ. Alls I can say is...screwdriver, chisel, hammer, and a lot of time on your hands. Better to just buy a new control arm, which could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. New bushings, and new ball joints, which come with the control arm.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Just a heads up, if it's the upper control arm bushings, don't try to buy JUST the bushings! I got a set of bushings from energy suspension and tried replacing the bushings, and jesus christ. Alls I can say is...screwdriver, chisel, hammer, and a lot of time on your hands. Better to just buy a new control arm, which could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. New bushings, and new ball joints, which come with the control arm.
              yeah me and mj213 tried and eventually got it, but we had to use a press to get those suckers out. Took us nearly the entire day to find a place and get it done.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Control arm bushing.

I've got the same problem on my Volkswagen Jetta.

Comment

i have the same problem
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Same thing on my driver side. Mostly if i accelerate quickly from a stop or if i turn either way too quickly/sharply.

Comment

wow i made a thread about this and noone even mentioned the axle? maybe that is whats wrong with mine too

Comment

Wow lots of people have this problem I thought I was the only one.

Comment

If you do opt to replace the bushing, an easy albiet smelly way of getting it out, is to take a propane torch to it and burn it out. Other people have also drilled holes around the bushing and ripped it out that way but I'm a pyro and like burning things.

Comment

I'd take it to a shop for a quick axle check, honestly. It took 9 months, and 30,000 miles for my axle to 99% break. The guy said I shouldn't have even driven it to the shop. It just slowly and slowly went bad, as I was trying everything I could to fix the problem. I guess it benefit not knowing exactly what it was, because most of my front end is new now. haha
                            Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 03-18-2009, 11:56 AM.
                            98' Mustang 3V Swap
                            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                              Same thing on my driver side. Mostly if i accelerate quickly from a stop or if i turn either way too quickly/sharply.
                              I have this same exact problem too but only when I turn right. It felt like my tire was flat after the whole car like shook the first time this happened to me..and then yesterday the car just felt crooked like one side was higher than the other. I'm just afraid to drive my car on the freeway now

Comment

Working...
                              X