Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Junkyard Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard Oil Pan

Any reason not to get an oil pan from the junkyard?

i wouldnt see why not, if you clean it out
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

as long as the threads on the drain bolt aren't stripped and there's no damage. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        as long as the threads on the drain bolt aren't stripped and there's no damage. later.
        like no rust, dents, cracks..

Comment

idk man, the last time i pulled an oil pan for a buddy at the salvage yards or the Pick and Pull, they punched a hole into it to drain the oil and then they plugged it with a rubber cork.

if it's just a slight dent, you can hammer it back out with a block of wood and a hammer just be sure to clean it really good.

Comment

That should be fine man, as long as your inspect if very closely.Also give it a very good cleaning after you get it,maybe a coat of paint on the outside.

Check the drain bolt thread and threads on pan,visually inspect all dents and dings to make sure no one has welded on it, also make sure the mating surface is straight and even all around where it meets the bottom of the block.

Comment

lol im most worried about getting under a car at the pick n pull... balanced on old rusty wheels

Comment

Sure, why not just get brand new gasket for it.

Comment

i got mine from PNP

it works fine. go for it. just check it out before hand. be smart about it

Comment

i work at a PnP, and punch every oil pan, except a cb oil pan
                    no matter how rusted or fucked it could be i could not bare to punch a hole in it
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                      i work at a PnP, and punch every oil pan, except a cb oil pan
                      no matter how rusted or fucked it could be i could not bare to punch a hole in it
                      Whats the purpose

Comment

it's just the fastest way to empty the engine. gank a hole in the pan. pretty lame if you need a new one. lol @ PR_CB7 - thanks for helping save some parts!
                        Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

Working...
                        X