Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new to forums. help with clock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to forums. help with clock!

hello everybody im a previous third generation prelude SI owner, just got a 1992 LX sedan Auto in GREAT condition with 176XXX miles on it. brand new paint job, everything works and runs flawlessly, and i really like the car alot. these accords really are nice and drvie great. only thing wrong with it is the dash clock has stopped working. I took a look at it and it has light in it but the crystal display is all jacked up so i know its getting power but it needs to be replaced. ive found some cheap replacement ones on ebay, only problem is i dont know how to remove the clock..... anyone know how to do this???? thanks and i have searched and couldn't find anything

It's held in by clips on the sides. Carefully slip a flathead screwdriver in there and you should feel them. You should be able to pry it out. Be careful not to dent the dash, though! One of my clips was bent, so I had to force it out... I left a mark

You can also use clocks from mid-90s Integras. The normal ones are white,and the Type R ones are amber. I have a white one in my car.

Comment

hey thanks alot man.
      yeah me and my dad were replacing oil and all that earlier and have the haynes manual for the car and it said to remove the bezel, so we were prying at it with a screwdriver and couldn't get it out and kinda started to hurt the dash so I stopped. dont want to screw my dash up since its in perfect condition....... but thanks man yeah ill give that a try... and clue to how much an accord clock would be at a junkyard or salvage yard??? integra clock sounds cool but i would rather just have the stock green display

Comment

yeah actually i just ripped the old one out without harming the dash but i had to rip the clock basically apart to get it out. but yeah anyone have any idea the cheapest place i could get a clock out of a 90-93 accord and how much it would be? thanks

Comment

the junkyards down here charge no more than $5, so no more than $10
          [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

alrighty thanks for the replies

Comment

When I pulled the clock out, I put a screwdriver on the right hand side of it, but on the bottom of the side, to where when I went to pry it out, the bottom came out pretty easy. No damages, but my clock keeps resetting itself, as if the memory in it's going bad or something. Might be doing this junkyard trip also. All started when I was replacing the heater core, think I dropped it on the ground.
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

i believe theres a tutorial in the DIY i could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X