Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ignition Switch or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Switch or not?

I have a 92 accord DX

i was driving with no problem then my lock cylinder locked up so i had to pull it.
    drove with the old screwdriver trick for a day or two with no problems. but with security, and well aesthetics, in mind i knocked the pins out of the cylinder (so i could just use the key) and put back in. but when i did me and my friend both heard a tiny spark sound.
    hating myself cause i knew what was to come, i turned the cylinder
    and nothing. removed switch and tried starting just turning it, nothing.

no fuse is blown and my headlights/signals

am i right it is the Ignition Switch that i shorted?
    if so, how do i replace it?
    Last edited by Lone_Bassist; 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM.

I didnt understand a damn bit of what you just typed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
      I didnt understand a damn bit of what you just typed.....
      lol really?

where you put in key = Ignition lock cylinder
      Ignition Switch = that white switch that the cylinder turns to start car

you car start a car with just the switch, bypassing the cylinder and need for a key. but it is a %^&$# to remove....evil hard to get to screws

if you dismissible your Ignition lock cylinder you can remove the pins that stop the Ignition lock cylinder from turning if their not pushed in correctly by the key.

my pins were all messed up == not turning == not starting

so i revealed the switch so i could start it with a screwdriver. But not wanting just anyone to see that they could start my car that way i pulled the Ignition lock cylinder apart and removed the pins so it turns freely with any key, but only i would know this.

when i was putting the Ignition lock cylinder back i heard a spark and now my car doesn't start or turn on my interior light/instruments.

no blown fuse
      headlights still come on

better??
      Last edited by Lone_Bassist; 03-11-2009, 10:09 PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

hello? opinions? help?

Comment

I would replace the whole igntion and go from there. Looks like you need to anyways. Switch and the cylinder
          NEW PSN
          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
            I would replace the whole igntion and go from there. Looks like you need to anyways. Switch and the cylinder
            i plan to but because of this i lost my job(required me to drive to depo stores all over KC).

so saying i have no money is an understatement. my goal is to get her running again, and key is a non-essential fix right now.

so i'm correct in my assumption?

Comment

Did you check all your fuse in the car and under the hood?
              NEW PSN
              H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
                Did you check all your fuse in the car and under the hood?
                first thing i checked, yes all good and all less then a year old.

thank you for the help!

Comment

any second opinions??

Comment

ignition switch replaced - nothing changed

so i bought a new ignition switch to no avail.
                    still the same issue.

so what's next on the list of causes?

Comment

ehh

i had close to the same problem. but mine ad an inline on the started. thats what popped.... check your wiring. it always seems on cb7s, thats the problem

Comment

check the IG fuse in the fuse box under the hood. its one of the box style ones thats held in by 2 screws.
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Get a ignition switch

Get one from a junk yard i got mine for like 15 bucks. it was easy and simple to do. by the way it looks like your postive and negative wires from the igition switch must have touched and blew a something.

Comment

Working...
                          X