Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do next?

My f22a4 has a cold air intake, fresh tune up, DC Sports header, Bisimoto Cam.....what shud I do besides an H swap or turbo? Maybe suspension? Someone point me in the right direction....btw I want a streetable car that may see some track time.
    Originally posted by nine_deuce
    What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
    91 ex auto-sold!
    92 lx wagon-sold!
    92 ex parts car-sold!

I NEED ANOTHER CB PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE LOCAL!!!!!!!!

Is this all you have done to the car? Many people would suggest catback.

I suggest a legit suspension setup. Go read young one.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Suspension would be a good thing to start tackling. Maybe a good set of struts with some springs and a rear sway bar should do quite a bit of good for your handling.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

What sort of tracking do you plan to do? Drag?

Suspension is always good. Koni Yellows and Neuspeed or H&R springs are a fantastic combination. A good camber kit, followed by a proper alignment, is always good when lowering though! Replacing all the bushings with an Energy Suspension bushing kit is a great idea as well. A traction bar from Explicit Speed Performance is great too (see the Member Shops section for their cb7tuner member pricing)

For the engine, there are still things to do. You have a header and intake. Exhaust?
        What stage Bisimoto cam. It's good to see that you got the best there is though!
        To take full advantage of your mods, especially since you have a cam upgrade, you might want to look into getting a chipped ECU and having it tuned.
        Additionally, an H23 intake manifold will do you a world of good.

When you're ready, some headwork will really pay off... Open up the exhaust ports especially and it'll be good.
        Good luck! Keep us posted!

Comment

Thanks for the input.....Yeah I had headwork done when I changed the camshaft, Stage 2 btw. Also, my dad owns an exhaust shop and I have a 2.5 inch system with no cat(later added a resonator in place cuz lost all bottom end ) from header back. My friend has a set of Konis on his crx and I love them!
          Last edited by Lawman_745; 03-11-2009, 12:06 AM.
          What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
          91 ex auto-sold!
          92 lx wagon-sold!
          92 ex parts car-sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman_745 View Post
            Thanks for the input.....Yeah I had headwork done when I changed the camshaft. Also, my dad owns an exhaust shop and I have a 2.5 inch system with no cat(later added a resonator in place cuz lost all bottom end ) from header back. My friend has a set of Konis on his crx and I love them!
            Koni's are a great start. Personally I'd pair nuespeed race with them.

nuespeed.com and look at the cup kit. 600 dollars of pure win from everything I've heard.

Comment

Rebuild the suspension, I personally feel its the best thing I've done to my car so far. I replaced every wear part in the front end and it rides like a new car.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Yeah I think suspension is where I'm gonna go next. I need a driver's side tie rod end anyway, and my motor, tranny, and suspension mounts/bushings look trashed too. Not sure what brand yet. Also, sway bars or strut bars?
                91 ex auto-sold!
                92 lx wagon-sold!
                92 ex parts car-sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman_745 View Post
                  Yeah I think suspension is where I'm gonna go next. I need a driver's side tie rod end anyway, and my motor, tranny, and suspension mounts/bushings look trashed too. Not sure what brand yet. Also, sway bars or strut bars?
                  Progress rear sway.

Generic strut bars from ebay are cheap, and may provide some chassis stiffening.

High quality strut bars (such as nuespeed front bar, or esp bars) are expensive but of higher quality. (duh)

I'd say do your suspension with GOOD springs and struts. Replace all of your bushings or wear items as you see fit. Then, once you have a better idea where your car is, start deciding what you want from there. You might decide you're happy with your car how it is and your next 200 or 300 dollars should go into the motor, interior, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X