Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

B20 motor in cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B20 motor in cb

I was just wondering since the b20 came in da older ludes will it be an easy swap for the cb
    Attached Files

Cb7_Orlando style

i don't think so

Comment

yeah, i dont think it would be too easy. the BB4 and BB6 share mounts and such. im not sure if the older ones do though.

and it would be a downgrade to some.

Comment

no, you would need custom mounts, shift linkages, axles and the wiring could possibly be a pain in the butt. so the cost effectiveness is not worth it. you can get an f22b DOHC for about the same price and its basically a direct bolt in with more power.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

The B20 and B21 in "da" older Prelude doesn't swap easily into ANYTHING... not even the 3rd generation Accord, which the car is most similar to.

The only direct swaps into a CB are H and F series motors. Anything else takes a considerable amount of work.

The 3rd gen Prelude motor would also very likely be illegal. I think they may have all been OBD0. You'd be downgrading your emissions controls, which would make the car illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            The B20 and B21 in "da" older Prelude doesn't swap easily into ANYTHING... not even the 3rd generation Accord, which the car is most similar to.

The only direct swaps into a CB are H and F series motors. Anything else takes a considerable amount of work.
            and that doesn't include the F20C or F22C. but....

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
              and that doesn't include the F20C or F22C. but....
              Every time I don't it, someone always adds it, "corrects" me, or asks if it fits...

Comment

Downgrades gotta love them.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

iight thanks that makes sense also which is is better to do for a swap h22 or f23 i know that the h22 has more power over all but the f23 with the k20 pistons would run great and the block is strong

Cb7_Orlando style

Comment

not at all just stick with the f22 its amazing

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_orlando View Post
                      iight thanks that makes sense also which is is better to do for a swap h22 or f23 i know that the h22 has more power over all but the f23 with the k20 pistons would run great and the block is strong
                      The F23 head is absolute garbage. The pistons don't do all that much for you. I don't know what this recent craze is about the K20 pistons in an F block... it's nothing special.

H22 or F22A are your best options, depending on what you want. Other motors like the F20B, F22B DOHC, or H23A1 are optional, and interesting... but the best overall performance justifiable by the price can be had by an H22A or a well-modified F22A

Comment

We need a sticky saying b's and d's dont go into Accords. Period.....

Comment

People don't read stickies... trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                            We need a sticky saying b's and d's dont go into Accords. Period.....
                            Amen to that!!! I had a guy that is trying to do that. Swore up and down that his "GSR" motor would be amazing in an Accord. I looked at him and told him: YOU FAIL....F and H series all nothing else matters, well except for maybe the K series
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              People don't read stickies... trust me.
                              Especially me!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X