Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this a fuel pump? (Pic Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
    wen its on ACC?
    Pre-ignition , when all lights on the dash comes on (CEL , OIL , SEATBELT etc).

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
      Pre-ignition , when all lights on the dash comes on (CEL , OIL , SEATBELT etc).
      i believe i might have heard a click yea...should i check my relays first before anything? I cant remember right off the top of my head but im pretty sure i did hear a click

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
        i believe i might have heard a click yea...should i check my relays first before anything? I cant remember right off the top of my head but im pretty sure i did hear a click
        Yeah the click is fairly loud. Only that relay is connected with the fuel pump's operation.

If the relay clicks then proceed on replacing the pump itself.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
          Yeah the click is fairly loud. Only that relay is connected with the fuel pump's operation.

If the relay clicks then proceed on replacing the pump itself.

Comment

It doesn't take long to fix the relay, plus its a good idea to do it anyway to rule it out.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=Main+relay

You could also check for a power feed at the fuel pump when you turn the car on (when its priming)

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

does anybody think $175 is too much to get a fuel pump changed?

Comment

Not bad at all....

That's not a bad deal at all....

Honda's labour rate is about $90/hr.. and if they are having to drop the tank to get to it...that's a good deal...seeing as it would take them at least an hour or 2 to re and re.

What year is your car? Don't you have the access panel in the trunk?..otherwise you could do it in 15-20 mins youself, right?

..OH...and to make sure when they replace the "faulty" fuel pump... make sure they try the new pump connected while the tank is still dropped...if it doesn't try to prime then it isnt the fuel pump and you can keep the original one in and you don't need to buy or replace the fuel pump.

It sounds like just replacing the pump assembly will get you going.

:-)
                Last edited by Taurians' Ryde; 03-08-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X