Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thinking of going turbo for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking of going turbo for now

i want to build my h but it will cost around 3k to get everything i want so i think i should boost my f and build my h to how i think it should stay then to just finsh it and keep adding. any adive on boosting my f if i do go that route like how much is best so i dont blow it and what is a good cheap turbo kit?

If you don't care about you F then a "cheap" turbo kit will do just fine for a boost in power but it won't be reliable. If you do it right it will probably be the same cost as building you H, maybe a little less. It seems the most common turbos are the Evo Big16g and the t3/t4. If you look in the Forced Induction thread there is all kinds of info! Even a .pdf on installing a turbo on the F. Most people on stock internals run anywhere from 6-10psi, some push a little more but it's pretty commonly agreed that 10-12 is starting to push the bottom end unless you can really tune well.

And it's always smart to get the engine in top shape before you attempt anything. There is a list the the FI thread of numbers, they range from 190-300hp.

You'll need turbo, exhaust manifold, oil feed system, fuel pump, injectors, ecu/chip/tuning, inter cooler, piping, bov, waste gate, dp, exhaust, gauges.. maybe some other stuff i'm missing.

If you JY your parts, like dsm parts you should be able to save a lot of $.

Good parts help but it really depends on the tune/tuner.
    Last edited by MyCord; 03-07-2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

People need to stop saying 10-12psi is the f22a's bottom ends limit..that's false..10-12psi = limit when unproperly tuned or maintained..were past that now-a-days..pushing 15-20psi on stock bottom ends..regardless of their duration..15psi (as proven by a member here) can be reliable as he ran that setup for a few years before deciding to go crazy on his car and make it full show and drag..(turbo90accord)

I myself have pushed 18psi on stock bottom end f22a..the headgasket went..but not the bottom end..

Stock rods can hold close to 400hp..the pistons are what sucks..

Regardless good info besides that tad bit..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

also, it is hard to determine psi limits when the exact same turbo isn't used. meaning 10psi on one sized turbo isn't the same on another one that is larger or smaller.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

Shoot I was thinking of dropping a turbo in my cb when I drop my h23a vtec (bluetop) in. Then I got a pumped and started to see how much it'll cost to get my engine built to run turbo like sleeving the bottom and P&P the top end...but DAMN that was gonna cost WAY more then what I wanted!!!!! Then I started thinking I should just go ahead and do it but with low bost like 5 psi....THEN I started reading that even that can couse problems.

SO now I'm just like screw it!!!!! I'll wait till I get another car so if my cb needs work done I dont have to not have a car to get to work and crap.
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Honestly the words "Cheap" and "Turbo" don't really go together.
            Though it can be done if you do alot of the work yourself, and find good deals on parts.

Just remember the basics - Don't cheap out on tuning, Don't use the smallest turbo you find with no intercooler just so you can run low boost.
            Heat kills engines - Small turbo + no IC = High Heat.

When you say Cheap, How much would your budget be?
            You may find your better using the money to put into your H motor if you are just going to scrap it all afterwards

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

For the last time get a turbo car that can withstand up to the punishment from a turbo. Turbo car=turbo motor less hassle with the motor if you maintain it correctly. Aside from a motor that just wasnt made for it. Save up and get an srt4 or the new cobalt and get it over with. They are affordable now very affordable. And people will envy you badly just on the spite that you have it and that your fast.
              Last edited by h22sparkle; 03-07-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reaction360 View Post
                also, it is hard to determine psi limits when the exact same turbo isn't used. meaning 10psi on one sized turbo isn't the same on another one that is larger or smaller.
                agreed..I should of stated that..10psi on a 14b isn't the same as 10psi on a gt42r..lol..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                  agreed..I should of stated that..10psi on a 14b isn't the same as 10psi on a gt42r..lol..
                  bingo.

Comment

Agreed evil..heat is the biggest killer of our beloved f22as..a nice sized fmic..is good..a nice sized fmic and meth injection = better lol..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                      Agreed evil..heat is the biggest killer of our beloved f22as..a nice sized fmic..is good..a nice sized fmic and meth injection = better lol..
                      Mmmmm, Meth injection . . . One day . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

ahh cooolingmist

Comment

The only thing besides slow saving of funds that is holding my turbo build back is the lack of tuning and dyno options in Montana. I know there is a chasis dyno in Belgrade (a dynojet I believe) but as far as any tuners who know anything about import cars, well your guess is as good as mine.
                          ~John aka "Heavy Q"~

Comment

you could destroy your engine even if everything but the engine management was stock if you tune wrong

it's just more finicky with higher hp
                            ____

Comment

Also, alot of stock boosted cars' aren't fast. MOst of the stock boosted cars are boosted because of the lack of power they make NA. Hell, most of the stock boosted cars make around the same amount of power as hondas make stock NA. And just like other cars, you try n push say an srt4 or wrx stocker too hard and they'll let go just like anything else. The supercharged 4bangers, i'm not even gonna go into cuz they're already limited on power

Comment

Working...
                              X