Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering My 93 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering My 93 Coupe

i want to lower my car about 1.5 in. in front and 2.0 in. in rear. i want to know which springs are good and shocks or struts i should use. i need to replace my front end because it not good at all. i don't want to put stock shit back on. so any idea or setups let me know guys. thanks

MOVING TO BACK FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OVER THERE.

More like 2.0 front and 1.5 rear correct?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yes yes correction 2.0 front 1.5 rear

Comment

there is a whole Q&A under the suspension section of this forum.
        read through that to give you an idea as to what you will need.
        ie, shocks and springs, or full coil over.

after that, do some searching around here to see what's being used
        then take it to the interweb for pricing. weksos is a popular site for suspension stuff around this site.

i can tell you that most people here would agree that Nuespeed race springs and Tokico Blue shocks are a pretty decent setup.
        not sure what the drop on that is though.

but when you start looking for springs, they will tell you what the drop is.

good luck

Comment

if your on a budget
          i am running kyb gr-2s and have over 300miles on them and they are working great with my 2inch drop

Comment

Well Im from the Windy City Too! Welcome to the site. Im about to do the same thing. Im going to run Skunk2 coilovers with Skunk2 Sport shocks. I know its going to be a stiff ride. I just want the ability to raise and lower my car when needed. Im also doing new ball joints, tie rods, stabilizer pins and energy suspension kit. If you are going to do it might as well do it right. Dont cheap out on your suspension! expecially in a pothole ridden city like Chicago! you will regret it in the long run

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=470
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1003

Here are a couple of threads to point you in the right direction. And if you need any help with your CB7 PM me. I have gained alot of knowledge dealing with ours cars!

Comment

cool your from chicago maybe we'll meet some day in the summer. but i heard about those skunks from my cousin and he said there pretty good he has them on his civic hatch and he did the whole energy bushing kit on the car. he said it is stiff but when yuor onthe track or in the streets it just gets up and goes. no bouncing around or any of that shit.

Comment

I have Megan springs with skunk2 shocks. All together I paid about $350. I like this setup a lot, but there is more body roll than I would like. However, the handling is much much better than stock. The springs are advertised to lower 2.0" front and 1.75" rear.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 LX COUPE View Post
                  cool your from chicago maybe we'll meet some day in the summer. but i heard about those skunks from my cousin and he said there pretty good he has them on his civic hatch and he did the whole energy bushing kit on the car. he said it is stiff but when yuor onthe track or in the streets it just gets up and goes. no bouncing around or any of that shit.
                  Yeah That would be cool! Quite a few of us from this web site do meet up like 1 time every couple of months in shriller forest preserve on Irving Park and Cumberland. I will keep you posted on the next meeting date. Like i stated before I am about to prepare for my suspension project. I will keep you posted on the difficulty level and how the car performs with the new modifacations.

Comment

thanks man. yea that would be cool try getting pics

Comment

I just bought a set of Skunk2 coilovers for $235 shipped, new.... Im gonna roll on stock struts till i get the funds for the sports shocks.

Comment

Working...
                      X