Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best way to put a H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to put a H22

so im doin my h22 swap and want to jnow from those of you who have done it if its better to drop it in or lower the car into the motor?
    Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

if you can dropping it in would probably be easier

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Droppin it is is the most popular. Just go tranny first and rotate it in as you lower it.

Comment

yea i've never seen a honda getting lowered onto the engine. We have a lot of space up top, if anything u can always take the hood off.

Comment

ok sounds like im goin to drop it in tuesday
          Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

Honda drops there cars on the motor pretty sure....
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

yea at the dealer they drop it out the bottom. its kinda hard to do in a garage but ive seen it done.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I wouldn't want to use (or trust) my engine hoist to pick the car up and position everything right. I think you'd want a lift just to consider that.

I always drop the motor in, just go slow, tranny side angled down and in first in front of the chassis' trans mount bracket, and be careful of the A/C lines and TPS sensor. I put the trans mount on the studs after maneuvering the engine assembly into place and lowering it a bit.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Many people just drop it from the top with the tranny first, but I dropped my h22 through the bottom. Took off the lower arm bar that holds the engine up, pushed my car onto these ramps that I have and I hooked the engine hoist to the middle of the engine bay down to the engine and lifted it up through the bottom, hooked up everything put the lower arm bar back on.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

if you have all of the right supplies, putting the engine in through the bottom is the easiest. Just get the drivers side mount in, and once thats in, its just a matter of swinging up the tranny to the mount.

Most people dont have the ability to lift the car up that high, so just follow what everyone else said.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

If you have access to a lift dropping the car on the motor would be easiest, if not then just drop the motor in from the top using a hoist and putting trans side in first
                      90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
                      01 S2000 Silverstone
                      90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
                      http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

if you drop it it is easier to maneuver the engine/trans to your liking.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

while the engine is out its a good time for a wire tuck . also important, change the timing belt and put a manual tensioner for the f22/h23 in there. just saying its a hell of a lot easier to do with the motor out.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Working...
                          X