Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my temp gauge is bouncy/????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my temp gauge is bouncy/????

hey everyone

yesterday i was driving as normal, and i notice my temp gauge was not working right. it was bounceing around and seem to be like weightless, every time i hit a bump it would just hoop up and what not,

any idea?

nothing acting wierd on the car besides this and it didnt throw any cels?

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
    hey everyone

yesterday i was driving as normal, and i notice my temp gauge was not working right. it was bounceing around and seem to be like weightless, every time i hit a bump it would just hoop up and what not,

any idea?

Time for a new temp gauge? Because if you hit a bump and it goes up then the needle is loose.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

hey everyone

any idea?

That happend to me years ago and it was the little ground wire that runs to battery on the negative side. check that
      IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Comment

Originally posted by mahtogje View Post
        That happend to me years ago and it was the little ground wire that runs to battery on the negative side. check that
        awesome i already changed my temp gauge and it still does it
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

awsome exactly what i was looking for so what wire should i check out?

can u please explain deepeer sorry im new

thanks!

Comment

thermostat.mine did it,i changed my thermostat yesterday and it stopped.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

ok and how hard is it to change a thermatate?

where is it even located?

Comment

ok and how hard is it to change a thermatate?

where is it even located?
                Thermostat,and its located where your lower coolant hose goes into the block.On a scale of 1-10,its maybe a 2.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i changed mine thermostat already and its still bouncy so ill try the wire thing i guess....

and yea make sure you get the gaskets for the thermostat and make sure you wait for the car to cool down cuz radiator fluid will go everywhere
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

check to make sure your temp sensor is good too.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

thanks so much for that pic, that is too nice of u to post thanks

and yes i just bought a new one and i will install it when the car cools down, will any fluid come out , when i unscrew those 2 bolts and take off that piece?

Comment

thanks so much for that pic, that is too nice of u to post thanks

and yes i just bought a new one and i will install it when the car cools down, will any fluid come out , when i unscrew those 2 bolts and take off that piece?
                        Alot of coolant will come out.Make sure before you do it to buy some coolant to replace all that will be lost.Also i'd put something under it to catch the coolant so it doesn't get all over everything.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

and also remember to bleed the system when your done putting the new one in. The bleeder valve is on the thermostat housing. open it when filling until fluid comes out then close it.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

ok the bleeder valve???

where is that ? and what do i do?

Comment

i had the same problem check the negative wire that connects the neg battery terminal to the chassis

Comment

Working...
                              X