Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo Head Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Head Gasket

I'm turbocharging my f22a1.

I'm about to do my head gasket/all belts/water pump/all head seals..

So normally I would go all OEM but I'm assuming OEM isn't designed to handle the stress of a turbo. I'm looking to push about 200-300whp(big gap i know).

Things I know I need:
    Bisi IM gasket
    Head gasket (what kind?)
    Exhaust gasket (oem?)
    Valve cover gasket set (oem)
    Head bolts (arp?)
    Belts/Water pump (oem?)
    Lower tube seals (oem)

I don't know much about how the head works but since it's going to be off the car is there anything simple I can do to increase reliability or performance? Like springs/retainers etc..

I put the h23 IM on and will be doing an IAB delete w/ blacktrax spacer. Outside of that is there anything else I can do to prepare for my turbo?

Thanks.

btw it's a Garret t3/t4, pics in my MR

it isnt so important about the type of headgasket but the surface condition on the cylinder head. when they surface it it is supposed to be a certain RA finish because f22's use MLS style gaskets.

ARP headstuds is a def. and then the rest of the gaskets, id just use OEM. i wouldnt be too worried about the materials as long as they are OEM but how you are tuning and maintaining it.

springs would be dependent on the camshaft. more spring pressure = more potential on shit breaking.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

There's no need to upgrade springs for a turbo car, since you won't be revving it to the moon. If you want to freshen it up, get new OEM springs and retainers from Honda.

As for head gaskets, OEM is always fine. Cometic makes good ones as well.

If you're boosting a stock block, you'll break something inside the motor before you blow a properly installed new OEM head gasket.

Expect about 250whp if you want reliability. 300 is doable, but that's pushing the limit of a reliable stock-block turbo... even if you rebuild most of the motor, tune it properly, and use proper parts (which you seem to be doing... I wish most people would be so careful in their turbo builds!)

Comment

Thanks! So I'll stick with all OEM parts and the ARP head studs since they seem pretty popular. I was going to get a bisimoto head gasket but I wasn't sure what mm to get, I beleive they're 85,86, and 90mm. But I'll just stick with OEM. I kinda wanted a turbo bisi cam too, but I think I'll put that off for awhile..

Comment

My other question is, should I even be replacing the head gasket?

I read that no seal will be better than the OEM Factory seal and I have no reason to believe it's been replaced before.. Or is it a good idea to replace it?

Comment

id replace it it because the headgaskets are crushed once they are torqued.

85mm headgasket since you have stock pistons.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X