Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b what? swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b what? swap

I have a stock 1993 Accord EX automatic trans. and the stock motor is burning oil. I am looking to get a motor for it within the next month or 2 but my question is which one is the us built and japan built,e.t.c. f22b,f22b1,f22b2? I'm not sure which motor came out of what car, i am leaning towards getting the one that's a DOHC NON-VTEC but which one is it(what car did it come out of) I work for a Honda dealer so getting one from my local salvage yard for a good price is not an issue I just want to do this once and the right one. If anyone could help or suggest one. I don't want to do the H22 due to price and the f22b to my understanding is a Japan motor so getting that from a salvage yard is out I think. Looking for so good sound advice.

JDM- F22B DOHC is from a 1992-1996 Honda Prelude Si. (Japan)

USDM- F22B1 & F22B2
    Last edited by Father Time; 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

the only thing you are going to find at a junk yard most likely will be an h23 dohc from a 92-95 prelude or another variant of the f22ax that is currently in your ride from another accord.
      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

The USDM H23 is pretty much the same motor as the JDM F22b. It's slightly different internal-wise, but they're similar in configuration (DOHC non-VTEC motors with roughly the same displacement) and in power output.

Comment

Thanks all. I also know that some of the mounts are different but that's no big deal, I'm looking to get a motor that will bolt up to the auto. trans. and with little to no hard wiring changes. What car does the H23 come out of and what car does the F22B1 B2 come out of, the US Prelude? Thanks again everyone for your help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by p99gt2003 View Post
            Thanks all. I also know that some of the mounts are different but that's no big deal, I'm looking to get a motor that will bolt up to the auto. trans. and with little to no hard wiring changes. What car does the H23 come out of and what car does the F22B1 B2 come out of, the US Prelude? Thanks again everyone for your help with this.
            h23a1 comes from a usdm 92-96 prelude si
            f22b1 comes from a usdm 94-97 accord ex
            f22b2 comes from a usdm 94-97 accord dx, lx, and se

if im not mistaken, that is
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

H23 comes out of the USDM 92-96 Prelude.
              F22b1 and f22b1 come out of the 5th gen (94-97) Accord.

Also, the engines out of the 6th gen (98-02) Accords are an F-series (F23ax) motor as well. Also, you could probably find one of those for pretty cheap, and with lower miles than any f22ax.

*edit*
              Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
              h23a1 comes from a usdm 92-96 prelude si
              f22b1 comes from a usdm 94-97 accord ex

if im not mistaken, that is
              Beat me to it, but good point with the Prelude Si part. F22a1 was in the Prelude S and the other had the H22ax.

Comment

Originally posted by p99gt2003 View Post
                1994-97 Accord F22B1-F22B2 (USDM)

1992-1996 Prelude H23A1 (USDM)

EDIT: Damn, I got beat to it!

Have you seen this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...22B+Swap+guide
                Last edited by Father Time; 02-24-2009, 10:57 PM.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                  1994-97 Accord F22B1-F22B2 (USDM)

1992-1996 Prelude H23A1 (USDM)

EDIT: Damn, I got beat to it!

Have you seen this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...22B+Swap+guide
                  Dude, you got beat...TWICE!!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal View Post
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal View Post
                      yes, yes he did

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

I would get the H23A1, lack of specific maintenance parts for the F22B bugs me. Alot of people here have this swap tho.

Plus you can get the H23 from your salvage yard, just make sure it starts and runs.

A good reason to get a JDM swap tho is that the importer usually guarantees the engine starts and runs, just buy from a company in the US or you could get screwed. Hmotorsonline is a very reputable importer.
                        Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 02-24-2009, 11:38 PM.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                        X