Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exedy racing clutch stage1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exedy racing clutch stage1...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...QQcmdZViewItem does anyone know if this clutch is good or not??...i need to buy a clutch so can anyone give me some hints on some good websites....

I have one of these in now. if your working with all bolt-ons and non-turbo perfect this clutch works magic hits hard for stage1.... but dont buy it off ebay its like a defect.... order it for somewhere else

Comment

Why is ordering off ebay bad? I know a few people that have and havent had issues with it. Just make sure the seller is legit.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ordered my exedy stage 1 off ebay, been in my car for prolly 10k miles and havent had a problem out of it. but look around a bit more, you can get the full clutch kit for like $110 shipped off ebay.

the stage one will handle up to a 30% increase in torque as well.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by kawon16 View Post
          I have one of these in now. if your working with all bolt-ons and non-turbo perfect this clutch works magic hits hard for stage1.... but dont buy it off ebay its like a defect.... order it for somewhere else
          Yea exedy has a whole defective only sold on ebay program.
          These are easy to spot though, because the box is stamped "DEFECTIVE PART EBAY ONLY".
          All the parts on ebay are defect but exedy has the balls to put it in writing.
          Props to exedy.
          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

I bought the Exedy clutch kit/Fidanza flywheel from the same company you listed and it only took a few days to show up, getting it installed later this week.
            Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Why is ordering off ebay bad? I know a few people that have and havent had issues with it. Just make sure the seller is legit.
              X2.....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

looks like EXEDY (ebay) is gettin pretty good reviews on here. i myself will be looking for this in the summer along with a lighter flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by kawon16 View Post
                  Originally posted by Old School View Post
                  Yea exedy has a whole defective only sold on ebay program.
                  These are easy to spot though, because the box is stamped "DEFECTIVE PART EBAY ONLY".
                  All the parts on ebay are defect but exedy has the balls to put it in writing.
                  Props to exedy.

So your saying every Exedy clutch sold on Ebay is a defect? I highly doubt that.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                  Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                  My member's ride

Comment

That exedy listed is the same one I'm running on my turbo setup. Done 10,000kms so far and its still good.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yes Sir! I have the same set up. Ive been hittin rubber ever since!!

Comment

So Is that seller listed reliable? Is that seller selling defective Exedy as mentioned by some people or does he sell non defective ones?

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                          ordered my exedy stage 1 off ebay, been in my car for prolly 10k miles and havent had a problem out of it. but look around a bit more, you can get the full clutch kit for like $110 shipped off ebay.

the stage one will handle up to a 30% increase in torque as well.
                          you won't find a stage 1 Exedy for that price. A stock OEM Exedy yeah, they're like 97+shipping from that same company.

I too need to get a Clutch/Flywheel for my 5spd swap. I just sent the money for the ESP mounts so those will be going in along w/ the swap, but idk if I should get a stage 1 or just the regular OEM Exedy clutch?

The OEM one is about 261 shipped w/ a Fidanza 8lb flywheel http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...1%7C240%3A1318
                          But i'm not sure if that would be good for DD use. And considering I'm a beginner at 5spd Idk if that'll be easy enough for me to get used to w/ that light of a flywheel.

Just the stage 1 Exedy alone is 270 shipped and I'd need a flywheel ontop of that.

btw, to the OP, I found that Exedy Stage 1 for a bit cheaper (3 bucks) in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...4506.m20.l1116

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

exdy clutch and fidanza 8lb flywheel 30,000 miles still good only thing i found cheap was throw out barring go oem with throw out barring

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun View Post
                              looks like EXEDY (ebay) is gettin pretty good reviews on here. i myself will be looking for this in the summer along with a lighter flywheel.
                              You say it like Exedy is an "ebay" brand... Exedy is an OEM part manufacturer. The clutch that came in your car originally was probably made by Exedy/Daikin.

Exedy clutches are fantastic, and that particular one is a great deal. If you aren't running turbo, or an absolutely CRAZY setup otherwise, you'll never need anything stronger than that.

Also, Gripforce is a good company. They don't sell garbage. Don't assume that just because something is sold on ebay that it is crap. Ebay is just an auction site. Telling someone not to buy things on ebay is just as ignorant as telling them that everything on ebay is great. It's an auction site. Every seller is different.

Comment

Working...
                              X