Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alternater Belt Squeeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternater Belt Squeeks

When 1st crank my car up tha belt squeeks really loud and it gets annoying I was wondering has anybody else had this problem and if so what should I do to stop it from squeeking and I jus changed it not to long ago..

more tension. had the same problem. fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
      more tension. had the same problem. fixed it.
      so loosen the belt more?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
        so loosen the belt more?
        NO tighten the belt.

Comment

so loosen the belt more?
          no. more tension. tighten it. it's basically not catching right away because it's too loose.

Comment

so loosen the belt more?
            same question???

Comment

Originally posted by Jr13Pay View Post
              same question???
              i took a flat crow bar and too the hook and pried on it a bit to get it tight.
              Then i tightened the lower bolt and then the upper bolt.

Do it when the motor is cold to see if it does it or not.
              and to prevent any touching and burning of the hands on the exhaust.

if it's not fixed then tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                NO tighten the belt.

Comment

Appreciate it

Comment

Too tight will squeal as well. You should have between a half inch and an inch of play in the belt.

It's also possible that your belt is just old as shit and doesn't grip anymore. Might be a good time to replace it!

Comment

This is apparently a fairly comon issue. I replaced the timing and ballance belts on my 91 CB9 and at this time I bought and installed new Alt and AC belts.

I think I have tried everything from half inch and 1 full inch of slack to guitar string tight and it still makes a squeal for a split second at initial startup.

My next cure option will be to see if I can find a new Alt pulley.

Gary

Comment

Yeah just tighten the belt a little, like stated though to tight can squeal as well. I had this problem couple day ago after I replaced my alt belt. There's an adjuster bolt at the bottom, just tighten it and the belt tightens up.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                        "The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                          Yeah just tighten the belt a little, like stated though to tight can squeal as well. I had this problem couple day ago after I replaced my alt belt. There's an adjuster bolt at the bottom, just tighten it and the belt tightens up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Too tight will squeal as well. You should have between a half inch and an inch of play in the belt.

It's also possible that your belt is just old as shit and doesn't grip anymore. Might be a good time to replace it!
                            "And I jus changed it not to long ago.."

Comment

should be fairly tight, less than 1/2" of deflection.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X