Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bisimoto camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bisimoto camshaft

i want to get a stage one cam do i have to change anything in the actuall cylinder head of my f22? if so can somebody fill me in on what i will need? i will be doing a head job soon enough but for now i just want to stay with camshaft,intake,header,exhaust, maybe a ecu if someone could help me out with which one would work best with my combo.
    started my own thread because people <bitch and complain> about me being on other threads sorry im just a newbie

Originally posted by nauticaboi9486 View Post
    i want to get a stage one cam do i have to change anything in the actuall cylinder head of my f22? if so can somebody fill me in on what i will need? i will be doing a head job soon enough but for now i just want to stay with camshaft,intake,header,exhaust, maybe a ecu if someone could help me out with which one would work best with my combo.
    started my own thread because people <bitch and complain> about me being on other threads sorry im just a newbie
    No one bitched and complained. The owner of the site offered you help and some direction about your question, you ignored him and continued to ask irrelevant questions in the wrong thread. I repeated his suggestion about your question and advised you to take his advice.

We're really tolerant of the newbies around here, but you'll get better answers and more replies if you read the stickies and follow the rules.

TO answer the question, you shouldn't need to change anything for a stage one cam.

Comment

Stage one will not require a valve spring upgrade.

A custom ECU tune will be helpful. A P06 from a 92-95 Civic LX/DX would work, but you would need to get it modified.

There is a shop in Woodbury Heights called All About Performance. They have an in-house dyno, and know Hondas very well. The last time I talked to them was nearly 4 years ago, but at that time, a full dyno tune was $500 (which is dirt cheap)

Comment

thank you guys,should i do the headwork and camshaft before i do the dyno tune? so that they could factor all of that in?

Comment

If you don't, you'll need another tune to take full advantage of the headwork, as that will change a LOT.

I would talk to All About Performance. They have machine shop connections as well (unless you're sending it out to someone that knows the F22A very well, which would be a great idea)

Comment

thanks im going to talk to all about performance tommorrow to see what they want prices and all where from jersey do you hail from>?

Comment

Originally from Lindenwold.

Comment

wow 10 minutes from me lol whereabouts do you live now? sorry if i sound like a stalker haha

Comment

hey bro if you're going to do headwork, go with a more aggressive cam and do valve train at the same time (at least springs n retainers).

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

Yea, headwork, and also if you're a 5 speed. I'm into this level 2 camshaft also, and I'm an automatic, and people still said it'd be okay on the stock valve springs. Just install the cam, run a bit on it, then go back and tighten the springs since they'll loosen up while breaking it in and you should be fine. And also get the cam gear, so you can advance the timing. After all the reading upon this bisimoto cam, they give out some nice power after a tune.
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                      Yea, headwork, and also if you're a 5 speed. I'm into this level 2 camshaft also, and I'm an automatic, and people still said it'd be okay on the stock valve springs. Just install the cam, run a bit on it, then go back and tighten the springs since they'll loosen up while breaking it in and you should be fine. And also get the cam gear, so you can advance the timing. After all the reading upon this bisimoto cam, they give out some nice power after a tune.
                      tighten the spring?

stage one i wouldnt even bother tuning. id spend the time and money on bolt-ons and tires.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the valve springs. The few posts I made about this before, I wanted to go with a delta 272 regrind. People told me, once the camshaft's installed after the regrind, drive it for some time, then go back and retighten the valve springs, since they'll loosen up after the cam's broke itself in. Since the bisimoto grinds seem more aggressive, I'd think you'd have to do the same to it.
                        98' Mustang 3V Swap
                        11' VW CC R36

Comment

there's no adjustment on a valve spring...maybe valve lash/clearance?
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

One of those things. Still learning, but I have the basic idea. But yea, what you're saying is what might have to be adjusted. I see you're on your way to a bisi cam, so you could probably help more.
                            98' Mustang 3V Swap
                            11' VW CC R36

Comment

they just don't loosen up lol. it is a good idea to recheck them after you drive but i don't think they will loosen up.
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X