Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch Clutch Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Clutch Clutch

hey guys, helping a buddy with bleeding the clutch.
    fluid flows through to slave cylinder.
    installed all new lines, slave cylinder, master cylinder.
    But no pressure to pedal.
    He replaced clutch and didn't resurface the flywheel.

I don't think this part is normal:
    Without pressure to pedal when pedal is down car starts.
    When pedal is up it doesn't!

standard operations but without pedal pressure.

any ideas??????? thanx in advance!!!!
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

well, you have to have the pedal down to start the car, no matter if the clutch works or not. it is part of the safety setup.

the flywheel doesnt matter about the clutch pedal pressure. i know it took me a very long time to bleed the clutch hydraulic system. how long have you pumped and bled?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yea when i did the 5 spd swap, bleeding took like 30 minutes. if there are no leaks, and there is fluid in the res. , keep trying...

is the slave cyl. piston moving?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Installed new Clutch pedal and Master Cyl.
        Bleeding took only 5 mins.

Comment

Yeah man, building pressure is a B&*CH! keep going at it! took me a couple of days then I figured it out! LOL!! I held the clutch fork with a pry bar pressing the slave cylinder in. After a few bleeds you should feel pressure building. remove the prybar and continue to bleed. make sure you monitor the clutch resivour cause the will go dry on you and you will have to start over.

Comment

ya just keep trying took about 40 min for mine with the mater cylinder with out on mine that sucked bad!!!!!

Comment

How are you guys bleeding it? Many people do it differently, but not all ways work all that well.

What I've found best is to just close the bleeder valve, and pump the pedal about 20 times(10 probably is fine), make sure you keep the resevoir full. Then with pedal to the floor, open the bleeder valve, let the pressure escape and close it again. Then pump the pedal again. Doing this about 3 times usually does it for me. But if the pedal feel is weak, then I do the normal bleed style for a bit. pedal down, valve open, close valve, pedal up, open valve, pedal down, close valve pedal up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

^^^ Yup...I did it that same way..
                but I'm sure everyone else does it different

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I've never been able to quickly bleed out the clutch pedal. most of the time, you sit there pumping a bunch of times like the guys before me said, and then you bleed. a lil different then say bleeding the brakes. you gotta keep at it and sooner or later, the pedal will get firmer n firmer.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

vaccumm bleeder allll the wayy i had no pedal at all when i put the new engine in so we just hooked up a vaccum bleeder to the slave and let it pull for a few minutes

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I just hooked up a pump with a rubber hose to the slave opened it and pumped till it came out the master. Or something like that haha

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                      New people click here

Comment

I am having the same issue with mine. I was at it for about an hour and still couldnt get it to bleed. Maybe I should try the prybar trick.

Comment

easiest way to bleed a clutch: this usually dosn't take even 5 minutes

1. open bleeder screw all the way, 8mm socket. (don't take it out) but loose by hand. like u turn it back and forth with ur fingers. usually right after the screw breaks loose.

2. fill fluid resivour full to the top with dot3 brake fluid.

3. have a buddy pump the clutch while you watch the bleeder screw. DO NOT LET THE RESIVOUR RUN OUT OF FLUID!!!! if u do, it sucks air back in the line and defets the whole purpose. you will see it bubble and spit a few times but when the fluid starts squirting out hard and the resivour fluid droppin rapidly with every pump.....

4. close the bleeder screw. and fill ur resi all the way up.

5. wa la. usually only takes mabey 10 pumps or so. but sometimes mabey more pendin how dry ur lines are.
                          by doing this it "pumps" the air right out of the lines and pushes fluid straight to the transmission. if ur clutch still kinda feels of the floor repeat, but ALWAYS keep ur eye on the resivour fluid. keep it full. way ive always done mine.
                          o and this can be messy so do it outside or somewhere were ur not worried about fluid leakin on pavement, concrete, ect.
                          also if u have a good clutch and a hour or the next day ur having problems again like no pressure, check ur fluid, and it mabey the slave cylinder on the tranny. its like a 15 dollor part and most of the time its the first thing to give u clutch pedal issues. cause of the o-rings inside of it tend to dryrot and fall apart. hope this helps u guys
                          Last edited by chillin943; 02-25-2009, 01:22 AM.

the rebuild!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

alright guys

Im really glad most of you responded, I appreciate that.
                            I am not new to working on clutches...

this clutch bleeds fine but still gets no pressure.
                            Even bought the lil bottle that gets rid of air bubbles, and no air left.
                            Weird problem. He says he gets his parts from advanced auto.
                            I hear advanced auto has nothing but refurbished parts.
                            So I am thinking bad master or slave.

That is all I can come up with. I do know how to bleed a clutch and this one is bled. Just no pressure. Kinda weird! I know some of you are like hey dumbass, bleed it. But that is not the problem.

Besides the master, slave, dampener or lines, That is all that consists of the hydraulic clutch setup. An ASE certified mechanic installed all lines, and even thought issues were weird. So probably bad parts.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

Then I guess check all the lines for leaks? Check down by the clutch pedal to see if its wet, or anywhere along the lines.

What was the reason for needing to bleed brakes in the first place?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X