Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help on front/reay sway bar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on front/reay sway bar install

Hello. New to the cb7. Was looking to install an Eibach front and rear sway bar. Tried searching for DIY, but the link is dead. anyone have any ideas how to do it on an 90 ex coupe?

Originally posted by maxcrx View Post
    Hello. New to the cb7. Was looking to install an Eibach front and rear sway bar. Tried searching for DIY, but the link is dead. anyone have any ideas how to do it on an 90 ex coupe?
    Ive never done it to my car but i kno how. the front isnt hard at all, you just bolt it to the strut tower's. and for the rear you have to fold the rear seat down(i took mine out), then you might have to move the carpet a little to see the rear strut tower's. then it's just simple bolt up like the front.
    good luck. hope this helps
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

front strut bar

pop open da hood
      on each side theres 3 bolts on the top of the strut
      unbolt all 6 and install strut bar brace
      bolt back up
      ur done

rear strut bar

flip down ur back seat
      theres two bolts on th top of each strut
      unbolt all 4 and install strut brace
      bolt back up
      ur done

Comment

neither of you are helping him

the sway bars are under the car. the rear is pretty straight forward and is real easy. if i remember correctly the after market bars will bolt to a different part of the cross member then your OEM bar. the bolts face down to the ground underneath the cross member. then the 2 end links should have come with the right hardware so you can bolt it right to the rear trailing arm. the front takes 2 two people usually just to help snake it out of the tight area its in. keep turning it as u need to to work it out of there. the install of the new one is just the opposite. the bushings go in the same place as the oem ones for the front.
        Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 02-20-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

thanks. How long did it take to get it done if I havent done it before. My car is stock and someone recommended me to get the setup for reducing body roll on corners.

does it have to be on a lift to do it? Can I just put it on jackstands and then wrench it out?

My car has over 215k on it and totally stock and was wondering if getting a used set of h &R springs with kyb agx worth it (someone is selling it for $200 obb. unknown mileage on the setup) What do you guys think?

He said it will lower the front by 2.2 and the rear 2.0. I dont want to have an uncomfortable ride and risk damaging my oil pan when I hit a spped bump or pothole.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. I love my CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
            neither of you are helping him

the sway bars are under the car. the rear is pretty straight forward and is real easy. if i remember correctly the after market bars will bolt to a different part of the cross member then your OEM bar. the bolts face down to the ground underneath the cross member. then the 2 end links should have come with the right hardware so you can bolt it right to the rear trailing arm. the front takes 2 two people usually just to help snake it out of the tight area its in. keep turning it as u need to to work it out of there. the install of the new one is just the opposite. the bushings go in the same place as the oem ones for the front.
            hahaha my bad i miss read the thread, i thought he was askin for help with the strut tower bars.
            My cb7

h22a
            5-spd lsd
            Lord, grant me the serenity
            to accept the things I cannot change,
            the courage to change the things I can,
            and the wisdom to hide the bodies
            of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by maxcrx View Post
              thanks. How long did it take to get it done if I havent done it before. My car is stock and someone recommended me to get the setup for reducing body roll on corners.

does it have to be on a lift to do it? Can I just put it on jackstands and then wrench it out?

My car has over 215k on it and totally stock and was wondering if getting a used set of h &R springs with kyb agx worth it (someone is selling it for $200 obb. unknown mileage on the setup) What do you guys think?

He said it will lower the front by 2.2 and the rear 2.0. I dont want to have an uncomfortable ride and risk damaging my oil pan when I hit a spped bump or pothole.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. I love my CB7.
              that set up should be fine, but ask the guy how many miles it has on it. if its got a buttload of miles id suggest buying new then.

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

The front will prob be the hardest part b/c you gotta kinda fish the sway bar around the exhaust to line it up with your end links and control arms, but either way there both not bad at all. Do you own a helms manual? refer to it if you do. its straight forward

$200 for spings and struts? Thats pretty good depending on shocks. Check for leaks on the shock housing
                90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
                01 S2000 Silverstone
                90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
                http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                X