Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new suspension questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new suspension questions

Ok.
    Monday of this week I took a pothole here in Cincinnati and it mess up some stuff bad. Namely my steelie rim and it affected my ball joints and tie rod on the driverside. Now I am wondering what to do, since the wagon is 16 years old and I am having it out with my wife on what to do with money. I would like to update the susp all around and doing the brakes as well. what am I looking at if I am to do the susp as a oem or close as possible set up?
    I love my wagon and do not really see a point in getting something different, since cars are not cheap as it is!
    Thanks Guys for any info

1993 lx Wagon is my ride
    S^2
    Running a 16yr old wagon and still loving it.

i have kyb agx struts on mine with some hp springs, they ride really sporty and very comfortable

Comment

Stick with original stuff as much as you can. I have seen so many aftermarket struts go bad it's ridiculous. I neighbor of mine needed new springs, so I sent him to a local J/Y for four OEM springs and struts. He picked up all 4 springs and struts for $100.00! My 97 wagon has all four original struts in it at 185,000 miles. Good luck
      1991 Accord Ex Black/Tan... bone stock 45,000 miles

Comment

I got a set of Monroe struts for the rear of the car, and put the stock springs on them. (just a cheap fix until I get my new suspension in), and they ride pretty damn good. Don't really need to compress the spring much to get it into the strut and secured. For 50 bucks a strut, I thought they'd drive like shit. Thought wrong. I'd never put anything other than stock springs on them though.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Are you asking for prices of all the parts you need? Like a ballpark or are you are asking for what you need to fix this problem?

poor lil tink tink.

Comment

Hit up www.tasauto.com. You can get great parts at great prices through them.

If you're going to lower the car, don't get stock struts. If you can afford it, Koni Yellows are the way to go. I wouldn't recommend the KYB AGX for a lowered vehicle. KYB GR2s are a good cheap option, though. Not performance oriented, but they hold up pretty well.

Comment

Working...
            X