Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo noob, pondering H22A boosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo noob, pondering H22A boosting

ok, i have been in the honda game a while, and i want moar powar. i got a TD04hl-15G turbo from a volvo 850 (mitsubishi built turbo) and i read that its slightly larger than a DSM 14G. my plan is to run a DSM ported exhaust manifold and custom downpipe w/ my 3" exhaust, a mitsubishi starion FMIC and a chipped P28, can anyone point me in the direction of a build thread involving a similar setup besides accludes? will i blow up my engine trying to tune it myself? what will happen to bo and luke duke?

any input would be appreciated, as said, im a total turbo virginnoob

Unless you learn a LOT, attempting to tune it yourself will probably result in disaster. Practice tuning on a non-turbo motor first.

As for the turbo itself... it's quite small for the H22, honestly. You're already working with a high compression motor, so you're only increasing the chances of motor-blowing detonation by using a small turbo... small turbos make lots of heat. Heat does bad bad things to motors.

The DSM manifold isn't a great fit on the H22. I've heard about it being done, but I don't know how well it would work. It's worth a shot, but I'd recommend a real H22 turbo manifold.

Boosting a stock H22 is risky in the first place. The motor has very high compression, it's most likely well over 10 years old, and you'll be using less-than ideal parts.

Check out mozzandherb's setup. That's probably the best way you could possibly turbo a stock H22.

Comment

thx deev, i guess i need to look into pistons/sleeves maybe a hybrid to lower compression, but im looking for low boost, then build on that. baby steps i guess.

Comment

talk to scotty at ballistic motorsports in bow if you're gonna sleeve your motor, he does amazing quality work.

Comment

A hybrid will only decrease reliability. Just sleeve and add forged bits. You'll be good.

If you're going to do it the right way (sleeving, forged internals, etc...) check out Accord SiR and Kamaccord. They have fully built turbo H22s making buttloads of power. I think they may be over 600whp each by now... not positive. I know they're capable of it.

Comment

Working...
          X