Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 shaking too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 shaking too much

so i got my CB7 from my sister who crashed when she had it and sometimes it shakes way too much, when i stop somewhere it feels like its going to turn off any clue what this means??

If u hear like a shaking when ur in D and ur just stopped at a light..its most likely your motor mounts are bad..so it doesnt prevent the car from holding the engine noise so it just shakes the car..or another thing you RPM's might be too low at idle, so it just shakes as if it might die.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Engine mount(s)?

edit: damn, got to it first. haha
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

mine did the same thing until i got new mounts also-all i did until then is put it in nuetral at a long stop

Comment

My car does the same thing, I got it salvaged and it shakes at start up, and at stop lights.
          p12 on sale:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post2245646
          Bisimoto Heat-shielding Intake Manifold Gasket and Rear Engine Motor Mount for sale:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...95#post2246795

Comment

I think you guys are talking about the steering wheel shake when idling in gear. (automatic trannys) This is because stupid Honda designers put the rear motor mount and the steering rack on the same subframe. Engine vibrations are sent right up the steering column. At least the Accord has a fancy pneumatic rear motor mount to minimize this. My 88 Prelude SI automatic is much worse.

At stoplights, I put my LEFT foot on the brake pedal and feather the gas pedal with my RIGHT foot and bring the idle speed up to 900/1,000 rpms. When the light turns green you step on the gas and take your foot off the brake. Try it, you might like it, I do.

Comment

Yea mine does it too. Got to get some new mounts one of these days.

Comment

The engine will vibrate badly if the idle speed is too low. Check that the idle remains within spec whether or not the AC is on or off, whether the engine cooling fans are running or not, whether you're using a window winder etc etc.

If the idle speed is below spec all the time, or drops when any of the auxilliaries are in use (and doesn't immediately rise again and stabilise while they are in use), then the 'base idle speed' is too low and / or the IACV is not functioning correctly.
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

my hatch had a built b16 on some cheap torn up mounts, viberated like crazy until 3500 rpm..

Comment

mine does the same at lights sometimes but it always shakes when its in reverse. same problem im assuming its the motor mounts

Comment

That sounds like your harmonic balance equalizer sensor. What it does is it's supposed to spin at a certain speed depending on the RPM's. It prevents erratic shaking while activating the break system. Just check that sensor. It should be directly underneath the intake manifold.

By the way, disregard the above statement. I was pulling your leg. Sounds motor mount related.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                      X