Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Please Help!!! Black Smoke under acceleration!!! Please Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help!!! Black Smoke under acceleration!!! Please Help!!!

OK,
    Since the weather is warming up here in Ohio I noticed that my 91 Accord LX Auto "puffs" some black smoke if i pass 3000rpms during acceleration. If i keep it under 3K it is fine no smoke! I noticed this happening when it is getting warmer outside above 36F. During the past month temperatures were between -10 to about 10F the car was fine no smokes!
    Last Summer I did a complete engine tune up plugs, cables, cap and router, O2 sensor and K&N filter(stock shape)
    Does any one have any idea what is wrong.
    I know the car might be running too rich, but what is causing that?
    Thanks!

1991 Accord LX Auto >160,000miles

Originally posted by Liven_proof
    thx
    Hmmm I'm willing to bet you will be banned soon by post whoring.

To the OP, When was the last time you cleaned your EGR?

If the car is running rich, that is probably why you see black smoke. Take out your plugs and check them. No CEL?
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 02-14-2009, 05:42 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

I don't see why I will be banned from the forum, considering the fact that there are people out there asking question about Bose speakers upgrade
      a) you can put any speakers in any car
      b) it is not a rocket science to find where the speakers are
      c) there are only two wires that go into a speaker negative and possitive

so may be people like them should be banned

I explained a simple fact of what my car is doing at this point, if you don't want to answer questions that are post whoring DON'T DO IT.

If you want to help, then help, if not have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
        I don't see why I will be banned from the forum, considering the fact that there are people out there asking question about Bose speakers upgrade
        a) you can put any speakers in any car
        b) it is not a rocket science to find where the speakers are
        c) there are only two wires that go into a speaker negative and possitive

so may be people like them should be banned

I explained a simple fact of what my car is doing at this point, if you don't want to answer questions that are post whoring DON'T DO IT.

If you want to help, then help, if not have a nice day!
        If you look at the post he quoted, you'll see he wasn't talking to you. He was talking to the guy that posted after your first post (and that post has since been deleted)

Let me guess... the o2 sensor you used was a $63 autoparts store replacement sensor, not a $150 Honda sensor, correct?

You are running rich. Black smoke is excess fuel. The autoparts store sensors (quite often Bosch sensors) don't run the right voltage. If you have a Bosch sensor, there are instructions on the Bosch website to correct the problem.

Comment

you are right but, i payed only $40 for the Bosch sensor brand new.
          i used to have nissan that ran very good with the Bosch so i figured it is a good buy. I still have the one I took out.
          I have never heard that you could correct how a O2 sensor is working?
          How do I find the Bosch article?
          Thanks!

Comment

What about cleaning the EGR Valve?
            Is that safe! I can take it out and clean it but will it help?
            So far I have cleaned the Idle Valve, but the rpms are still around 500 at idle

Comment

your running rich bro.....check your 02 and egr valve

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
                you are right but, i payed only $40 for the Bosch sensor brand new.
                i used to have nissan that ran very good with the Bosch so i figured it is a good buy. I still have the one I took out.
                I have never heard that you could correct how a O2 sensor is working?
                How do I find the Bosch article?
                Thanks!

did you finish reading deev's post?

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                there are instructions on the Bosch website to correct the problem.

Comment

A member here posted a link to the instructions. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

I will appreciate if someone can give me the address.
                    In the mean time I am thinking of adding an air/fuel ration meter just so i can see what how the car is burning.
                    Does any one has any idea on how to actually clean the EGR valve?
                    can take it apart, but what do I use?
                    Also i read that some people also clean and replace the passages?

Comment

You have to use the original harness. You have to cut the OEM harness off and put it on the Bosch O2 sensor. Here is complete instructions:

http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdo...orInstall.pdf/

Here is a link for EGR cleaning:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=egr+cleaning

As for the A/F meter, you will need a wideband O2 sensor for that.

I don't know what you mean by "clean and replace the passages" Are you talking about drilling out the EGR port plugs? All instructions can be found on the above link.
                      Last edited by AbsurdNY; 02-15-2009, 02:06 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                      My member's ride

Comment

using the uni 02 sensors are junk and a waste of time/money.........just get a direct plug in type and your set to go.......
                        Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                          using the uni 02 sensors are junk and a waste of time/money.........just get a direct plug in type and your set to go.......
                          mine seemed to work fine and ive passed two smog checks already.

id check timing.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X