Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OIL PAN REPLACEMENT 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIL PAN REPLACEMENT 1992 Accord DX

Ok. So i got released from Jail. Just to Find a puddle of life blood, under my CB

i crawled under. and it looks like some one hit it with an axe. needless to say, i was furious, and ready to go back to jail.

i went under 2 days after the rain stopped and started pulling bolts and nuts. all to find out its layer. what is the easiest way to remove the oil pan> i know the exhaust needs to go, but the Belll housing. what do i do with the tranny itself. is it possible to pull it without the hassle of a Cherrypicker?

thanks sooo much

Originally posted by 2.2lv8eater View Post
    Ok. So i got released from Jail. Just to Find a puddle of life blood, under my CB

i crawled under. and it looks like some one hit it with an axe. needless to say, i was furious, and ready to go back to jail.

i went under 2 days after the rain stopped and started pulling bolts and nuts. all to find out its layer. what is the easiest way to remove the oil pan> i know the exhaust needs to go, but the Belll housing. what do i do with the tranny itself. is it possible to pull it without the hassle of a Cherrypicker?

thanks sooo much
    You don't have to mess with removing the bell housing. All you have to do is:
    • Drain the oil
    • Remove the downpipe section of the exhaust
    • Take off bolts to the pan
    • Remove pan and scrap off gasket from engine block
    • Replace old gasket with new gasket
    • Replace oil pan and torque it to spec
    • Pour in new oil and start engine then check for leaks
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
      You don't have to mess with removing the bell housing. All you have to do is:
      • Drain the oil
      • Remove the downpipe section of the exhaust
      • Take off bolts to the pan
      • Remove pan and scrap off gasket from engine block
      • Replace old gasket with new gasket
      • Replace oil pan and torque it to spec
      • Pour in new oil and start engine then check for leaks
      you know what? if i'm going to have that section of the exhaust off when i'm swapping the tranny, i might as well do that gasket and not have to worry about it for a long time. what's the price of that gasket go for anyhow?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        you know what? if i'm going to have that section of the exhaust off when i'm swapping the tranny, i might as well do that gasket and not have to worry about it for a long time. what's the price of that gasket go for anyhow?
        Yea you might as well replace it since you have the downpipe off. The price goes for around $18 at the parts store. Honda part number is 11251 P0A 000 or Beck Arnley number 034-0783

Edit:
        http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detai...h=175&s=180632
        Last edited by AbsurdNY; 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

I like to remove the engine cross beam aswell, and do check that the oil pickup is clear. Clean all mating surfaces really well and alittle black RTV on the arched sections wouldn't hurt either IMO. Also, I believe the torque spec is 9 ft/lbs, but you can safely torque them by hand w/ a nut-driver (no mech. advantage) in a criss-cross pattern from the center.
          Last edited by Granite CB7; 02-13-2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Thank You!

Thank you guys soooo much, you have no idea how helpful you guys are!

Comment

Good luck with this... it is much more trouble than it seems.
              You might... no, you will need to remove a cross beam under the car, and maybe the down pipe of your headers in order to remove and replace the oil pan.
              I did this because my oil pan gasket was leaking. And here are a couple of things I had trouble with:

- Removing bolts of the cross beam. You might need something to extend the ratchet you might be using, a steel tube perhaps? For more torque and strength purposes.
              - Lots of cloths. You will get very greasy and your tools, its very hard to handle tools everything is greased up, so have a cloth nearby.
              - Putting the new gasket in place... man, this is a pain. For some reason it seems smaller.. and would always get out of place. Though, I noticed that there are holes in each corner where you can put your finger or something in order to stretch the gasket in place. You might also need something like a screw driver to stretch the gasket by inserting it in each bolt hole and making sure that the gasket is aligned with the bolt hole in order to for the actual 10mm bolt to fit in.
              - Putting the cross beam back in place. For some reason the cross beam wouldn't fit back in place... so I had to force it back in place with the bolts and an air pressure gun/driver.
              - Oh, and the most important thing... patience. Trust me, you will need it.

Don't know if this will apply to you, but good luck.
              Last edited by shadowdlink; 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM.
              Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
              Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdlink View Post
                Good luck with this... it is much more trouble than it seems.
                It's not that hard at all to replace a oil pan.

My member's ride

Comment

do not torque to 10ft-lbs like the manual says. torque to 6 ft-lbs. i didnt even torque it that much and the gasket began to buldge away from the pan/block.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X