Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Got a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a problem

Hi names Jay. Well here it goes. Its a 92 LX Sedan all stock auto trans.
    Ok when i'm driving 30-40 and 56-60 and i'm on the gas feels like the car is
    slightly jurking along. Tried to pull trouble codes but none. No CEL. I was told it might be a grounding problem. Cause I replaced the whole cooling system.
    except the water pump. Said might be the grounding wire under the termostat
    housing not grounding good. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and thanks in advance. And yes I did do a search but nothing.

lets start with basics and history.

have you done a tune up and whats the background on the vehicle?like maintainence wise...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      lets start with basics and history.

have you done a tune up and whats the background on the vehicle?like maintainence wise...
      X2
      Need more details - When did the problem occur, What recent work have you done to the car, etc.

When does it jerk? Low rpm, High rpm, cruising?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

If you suspect a grounding issue, check and clean all grounds.

Comment

Well just got the car about 2weeks ago. I did the basic tune up cap,rotor,plugs,wires. Did trans fluid change. & yes hondafluid. Also changed the radiator,hoses,thermostat. But I did notice it felt a little sluggish. Just didn't think anything. But the trans was over full when I got it. Did the fluid change and its fine. I got it with 76000miles. Has 78000 now. Whatever help would be very appreciated. Other than that don't know much history about it. As for the jurking I could be cruising
          around 50-60mph then when I step on the gas its starts to kinda jurk slightly. RPM would be 2000-2700. I would notice 30 -40mph. Thanks again.
          Last edited by Budda808; 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X