Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 running really horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 running really horrible

I need some help with a engine problem. I have a stock H22a with a auto lsd. Problem I'm having is the engine is coughing and sputtering a little at low rpm's and a lot when trying to rev it up. It's very difficult to get it above 3k. It has almost no power to drive. It must be running super rich cause it's spitting out lots of black crap. It was throwing a cel code of 21 & 43. Then after trying to diagnose the problems the cel code of 22 & 43 came on. I didn't do anything to vtec so I don't know why the codes changed. The codes don't come on till the car is at running temp. I pulled the plugs and they are black and powerdy. I assume it's unburned gas, and that there was a electrical problem. I changed out the cap and rotor first thinking they might have gone bad, that didn't work. I then changed out the distributor and still no better. I tried changing out the ECU and that didn't do anything. I checked all the wires and sensors that I can see and nothing looks bad. It then seemed that I might have some bad gas or diesel in the tank, so drained that and added fresh gas. Still same problem. I checked the compression on all 4 cylinders and it was between 272-276. I read on here that this is probably high but it's a least consistent. I might have left a few things out, but here is the jest of it. Looking for any help. Please go ahead and ask whatever other questions you might have. I am out of ideas with this and need help.
    Thanks

My f22 sputtered bad with no power unless it was wot...if your does this even at wot (TO THE FLOOR) then it's something else.

IF it runs just fine with the pedal to the floor but not with light to moderate throttle...check the o2 sensor.

mine had no cel
    ____

Comment

diesel in the tank???? that could be your problem.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
        diesel in the tank???? that could be your problem.
        I skipped right past that part...holy crap!

AutoH22Accord....WHY would there be diesel in your gas tank???
        ____

Comment

i got a h22a 5spd and mines was doing something like that , i couldnt figure out what wrong with it either. i cleaned the idler air control valve and it ran better. also check your vacuum hoses.

Comment

sound almost like a bad o2. but ive never had a car act that serious. go through and check timing and stuff.. did it just start acting like this out of nowhere?

Superior Tuning Solutions
            Dedspool MFG
            1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
            LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Im not sure if this will help or not but try cleaning out you
              VTEC solenoid and check your VTEC wiring.
              www.PreludePower.com
              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

I'm going to agree with sleepersedan. Check your timing.

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperSEDAN View Post
                  sound almost like a bad o2. but ive never had a car act that serious. go through and check timing and stuff.. did it just start acting like this out of nowhere?
                  Yeah forgot to add that I went out and bought a new o2 and that didn't help at all either, and yes the car was running totally fine with no problems and out of the blue it just started acting like this.

the only thing that I did that day was fill up the gas tank from half to full. Then drove an hour away from home and then the car did this. so the reason that I might have gotten bad gas or diesel in the tank and it took a while to mix together while driving. Thinking that the gas station mixed up the gas in their tanks.

Comment

Maybe your map sensor? Could be a vacuum problem or electrical fault with the map sensor. There is a test procedure to verify you map (i dont have my manual with me sorry(maybe someone could help with this)). Or you could pick one up at a scrap yard for very little switch it and see what the gives you. Im having the same problem right now (also an h22) i changed the distributor and pgm-fi main relay with no result. Im going to pick up a map in 10 minutes and il be installing it as soon as i get back so il let you know. Funny thing about the gas situation...my fuel light was on so i put about 10-15 liters of 91 and got this problem about 45 minutes of run time later...has not run since. My cel is for the map though so maybe we arent in the same boat...im not too good at this but hopefully this might help.

Comment

Originally posted by abs-lsd View Post
                      Maybe your map sensor? Could be a vacuum problem or electrical fault with the map sensor. There is a test procedure to verify you map (i dont have my manual with me sorry(maybe someone could help with this)). Or you could pick one up at a scrap yard for very little switch it and see what the gives you. Im having the same problem right now (also an h22) i changed the distributor and pgm-fi main relay with no result. Im going to pick up a map in 10 minutes and il be installing it as soon as i get back so il let you know. Funny thing about the gas situation...my fuel light was on so i put about 10-15 liters of 91 and got this problem about 45 minutes of run time later...has not run since. My cel is for the map though so maybe we arent in the same boat...im not too good at this but hopefully this might help.
                      I got a helm service manual, so I'm good there. Yeah if you can let me know if that fixes your problem that would be great. But your cel light is for a map sensor problem, so it should fix your problem. Mine is a code 43 the fuel supply system, but you never know, I'll check mine out anyway.

Comment

The vaccum hose to the MAP sensor causes this problem.

My h22 ran like shit until i figured out that i didn't connect the hose.

Check the vaccum lines from the black box
                        -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                        if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                        Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM View Post
                          The vaccum hose to the MAP sensor causes this problem.

My h22 ran like shit until i figured out that i didn't connect the hose.

Check the vaccum lines from the black box
                          Thanks I'll double check all the connections and vac lines to the map sensor and the black box.

Comment

no luck on the map sensor here........

Comment

So do you know if you put deisel in it, if so how? How the hell do you end up putting deisel in your car?

The 21 and 22 are coming on because your vtec wiring is wrong/faulty.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X