Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what rim size is the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what rim size is the best

I was wondering i have a 93 accord tenth aniversary have the 15 inch stock wheels on it but would like aftermarket rims but i really dont like the roller skate look. So i was thinking of buying a set of 15 inch aftermarket wheels and that way i could lower it and not have tire rub issues and still be able to afford tires. What is the real advantage to bigger rims better handeling but dont they have a tendancy to slow you down? I dont know I am just wondring what are your thought guys.

Originally posted by jeramey513 View Post
    I was wondering i have a 93 accord tenth aniversary have the 15 inch stock wheels on it but would like aftermarket rims but i really dont like the roller skate look. So i was thinking of buying a set of 15 inch aftermarket wheels and that way i could lower it and not have tire rub issues and still be able to afford tires. What is the real advantage to bigger rims better handeling but dont they have a tendancy to slow you down? I dont know I am just wondring what are your thought guys.
    sounds like a 16" would be your best bet

Comment

16" is generally regarded as the best size for handling and looks. 15" aftermarket rims often look small, unless you go for an oldschool look. 16" tires aren't much cheaper than 17", though... so if tire price is a major concern, smaller is better.

Rubbing issues are due more to offset and width than diameter. The overall diameter of the wheel and tire should remain the same regardless of rim size. If you don't want to rub, be sure to get a proper offset, and wheels that aren't crazy wide. Offset around 42, and a width of 7" or less works well. I have 42 offset and 7.5", lowered a little over 2". I've had some rubbing on the splash guards in my wheel wells.

Comment

i got 17s with 215/45/17. 35mm offset. they work great no rubbing until i lowered it too much but i brought it back up and no problem. i think i lowered it 2 inches with no issues, rubbing or alignment
        96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

My rubbing was only when I turned really sharply.

And no alignment? Do you like buying tires?

Comment

i got 17s with a 3 inch drop and my car rides pretty smooth

Comment

I appreciate all of your guys advice but I think 16 would be the biggest I would go. Unless I find a great deal on some 17 inch rims but i know what you mean when you say 15 inchers look a little small.

Comment

16x9 is the best size. But not for an accord...
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jeramey513 View Post
                  a 15 is great if you are lowering the car tight to the ground. and a great drag wheel size. 18 and 19 are great for a tuck. if you wanna go that big. next to size is weight. light weight wheels are the key to success. for alil extra moneny its worth it. depending on road condition aka pot holes, i light weight wheel will not take to much abuse.

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

i think 16's are cool. But i do prefer aftermarket 15's also. Like deev said, offset is just as important as size.

Comment

I have 15" wheels, altho I would like to drop it soon. They're aftermarket, not the best ones out there, but I got them with a tire/wheel combo package. So I'm stuck with these until I can afford to get better ones

My CB7:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

16s look good, 17s at the biggest.

Comment

16"s.

17"s look good too but they make the stock brakes look wimpy.
                            wat?

Comment

15"s imo

Comment

Working...
                              X