Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle bodies

i wuz wondering if the a1/a4/a6 have the same throttle bodies? because i have a a6 now and the idel screw keeps backing out some how and wanna replace my a6 with my a1 that i have and maybe port it why im at it...

Couldn't you use a mild form of loctite or other threadlocker to prevent the screw from backing out?

Comment

Originally posted by phantomcow2 View Post
      Couldn't you use a mild form of loctite or other threadlocker to prevent the screw from backing out?
      what i did wuz drill a little hole above the idel screw and placed a peace of medal in the hole to hold it from backing out..bit it looks like shit and i have a extra a1 throttle bodie that i could put on but idk if there the same as the a6

Comment

Get otu a ruler or mic and see. THey might be siffernet but I doubt theres a major difference other than maybe size.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
          Get otu a ruler or mic and see. THey might be siffernet but I doubt theres a major difference other than maybe size.
          thats what ill do messure it to make sure...

Comment

here is how you FIX the problem and not rig it, screw it up...get some tranny pan liquid gasket...if you get stuff meant for oil pans it will be too hard and you will get it stuck...same with locktight.

The tranny stuff stays...a little gooey...has give even dry. This will allow you to adjust it if you need.

Follow the procedure for setting your idle with the rtv on it (liquid gasket) and you will be fine...worked perfectly for me...no drilling...no screwing stuff up.
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              here is how you FIX the problem and not rig it, screw it up...get some tranny pan liquid gasket...if you get stuff meant for oil pans it will be too hard and you will get it stuck...same with locktight.

The tranny stuff stays...a little gooey...has give even dry. This will allow you to adjust it if you need.

Follow the procedure for setting your idle with the rtv on it (liquid gasket) and you will be fine...worked perfectly for me...no drilling...no screwing stuff up.
              thats a good idea...so can u unscrew the screw all the way out and put rtv on the treads... and re screw it back in

Comment

Some Loctite may well make the bolt stuck for good. But they make multiple varieties of the stuff, including some for low strength applications

Comment

Any hon hardening gasket goo will probably work. I used Lotite Aviation Gasket No3 for this (used to be Permatex Aviation Gasket No3) and it was perfect (still is after three or more years, never moves, never have to think about it...).

Don't use any of the Loctite thread locking compounds for risk of really sticking it, but their 'Bearing Mount' compound would be OK (same sort of stuff as the thread locks, but not so tenacious).
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

Hmm I should do this, as it seems my factory applied goo has come loose and my idle keeps getting screwed up
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      Hmm I should do this, as it seems my factory applied goo has come loose and my idle keeps getting screwed up
                      yeah my car just keep reving up and down..so i replaced the ftiv and the other thing and that never worked i looked at my idel screw and the damn thing wuz almost all the way out screwed it back in and bam solved the problem... i figured i wuz the only one having this problem guess not...so does anyone know yet if the a1 and a6 throttle bodies are the same

Comment

From memory there's an O-ring on the screw that prevents the screw from moving from it's set position. This O-ring gets old and hard and stops doing it's job, replacing it should fix the problem. I used gasket goo because it saved me making a special trip to source the O-ring. This was supposed to be a temporary fix, but it worked so well I haven't yet bought the O ring.
                        Regards from Oz,
                        John.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans92cb7 View Post
                          thats a good idea...so can u unscrew the screw all the way out and put rtv on the treads... and re screw it back in
                          yes you can take it all the way out. Mine seemed to have some...tube or something on it too...maybe an old sealant of some sort???

the o-ring was old on mine as well...you could prolly get an oring for dirt cheap and it may fix the issue, if not, then try this method.
                          ____

Comment

Working...
                          X