Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

black/greyish smoke coming out of tailpipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black/greyish smoke coming out of tailpipe.

I noticed the other day that when my dad was leaving for work he accelerated a lil bit and this black/greyish colored smoke was coming out the exhaust. The weather was normal, not cold, and I just got home from a drive. I did hit vtec on the drive back home on the FWY. The smoke didn't smell like gasoline, smelled more like oil, burning oil. The smoke wasn't thick, it was rather brief and went away. What's the main problem? Is the car burning too much oil?

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

when is the last time you changed the oil ????
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I assume you have an H22... it helps a LOT to tell people what you have in your car, and what is done to it.

Black smoke is fuel. You're running rich. If you're running a stock P13 ECU, that's very common, especially with added mods like an intake and exhaust.

Aside from getting a custom tune, the best thing to do is to do a full tuneup. Spark plugs, cap, rotor...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        I assume you have an H22... it helps a LOT to tell people what you have in your car, and what is done to it.

Black smoke is fuel. You're running rich. If you're running a stock P13 ECU, that's very common, especially with added mods like an intake and exhaust.

Aside from getting a custom tune, the best thing to do is to do a full tuneup. Spark plugs, cap, rotor...
        Ah ic. Well I just recently changed out my spark plugs, got a new distributor cap [whole assembly], I believe I was running 10W-30, my last oil change was about 1,500 miles ago, I usually change it out every 3,000 miles. Any other ideas?

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

Does it happen when you accelerate hard, or all the time?

The P13 generally makes you run rich. It's common to see a puff of black from an H22 with a P13, intake, and exhaust.

Comment

assuming you've got a h22, deevergote is dead on. If you've got an f22b1 or something else with vtec, we might have some more problem solving to do

Comment

Well its better to run rich than lean,Ill tell you that.lol

Everybody else is right though cap,rotor,spark plugs and wires.
              Also quite possibly 02 sensor and check igntion timing.
              www.PreludePower.com
              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                Well its better to run rich than lean,Ill tell you that.lol

Everybody else is right though cap,rotor,spark plugs and wires.
                Also quite possibly 02 sensor and check igntion timing.
                Ah wires is what I need to change. My alternator is giving out, or my wires aren't supplying enough power to the plugs. Stock wires, stock alternator, got it off of my f22a1 when I did the h22a swap. I'll check on the 02 sensor and the ignition timing is perfect. It doesn't give a puff of smoke all the time tho, its just brief and it goes away.

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

The problem isn't probably that big of deal if you are treating it as a small one. If could be valve seals leaking a little oil. Could be your mufflers are filled with shit and some times you are seeing it burn off... could be a bunch of things. Monitor your oil and check it at the end of each day. If its not burning a bunch your fine. They are revving high and being beaten on they will be hurting. If you drive it normal it won't be hurting. Its mostly in how you treat it also...

Superior Tuning Solutions
                  Dedspool MFG
                  1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
                  LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Working...
                  X