Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new starter need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new starter need some help

ok so i went to start my car and im very much sure that i am going to to need a new starter,

any tips on installing a new starter nvr did this before?
    thanks

Im scared to answer people question now, but screw it.

The starter is on your car with 2 bolts, one is super easy to get to the other takes some time to get to. there is a rubber cover covering the electrical connector that that off first, the top bolt is almost right on top the starter and the the bottom on is undernether it, youll have to finnagle your way under your car and up to the bolt, it takes some dextarity believe me. onces the second bolt is over it just comes off. take it to get tested FIRST then if they say its bad, then replace it ADVANCE AUTO does it for free. they charge a core fee for the old starter so take your broken one off first get it tested then by the new one, so you kill all 3 birds with on stone.

REVERSE and bang you got a new starter.

*visualpoet pokes his head in, and rubs 2 pennies together*

Comment

You just forgot to tell him to disconnect the battery before he removes the starter. I found that out the hard way...lol
      1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

haha ok thansk you so much for the info, so i have to go under the car to get to it?

would u say its hard to get to overall?

Comment

Originally posted by marquisdee1018 View Post
          You just forgot to tell him to disconnect the battery before he removes the starter. I found that out the hard way...lol
          YES that is the most important part. Anyway...an extension and ratchet is your friend. Moving the airbox or intake out of the way also gives you more room to mess with it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Opps... looooool........... Damn i knew someone was gonna catch me on something... lol

yea you will be electricuted if you dont disc you battery lol.

Comment

haah thanks guysi will disc. it dont worry!

so jacking up the fron tof the car would be good???

and yah ill take me intake off all the way for more room

Comment

is it possible that its just my battery?

i have to hold the key while it . Taaaaaaaaaaaaa then finally tah! and starts lol

if that makes sense, idk it just starts up rough and im not sure yet?

Comment

i mean unless you have a stock air box your intake really wont play a part in getting in the way, like i said before its that bottom bolt you have to worry about, jack the car up, and support it with a stand, because you WILL have problems getting that second bolt off and you might rock the car right off the jack while your under there, I have stock struts and i cant barely stick my head under the car, we dont want a lowered car falling on anyone, can you say closed casket?

youll have the spash shield and the transmission to work around. prepare you self for a busted knuckle when the bolt breaks loose i fucked my hand up doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
                    is it possible that its just my battery?

i have to hold the key while it . Taaaaaaaaaaaaa then finally tah! and starts lol

if that makes sense, idk it just starts up rough and im not sure yet?
                    It can be either. Load test(get it tested) your battery to see if its good.
                    wat?

Comment

if you starter is tapping, it could be from a low/dead battery, best way to find out is have someone connect jumper cables to your car and theirs and then start the car if it does the same thing your start is taking a shit.

Comment

ok yea im going to get teh baterry teasted, do i need to take it our for that?

Comment

usually they have a machine they can bring out to the car or they require to take it out its not hard.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yah good point
                            thanks guys seriously u gyus are great!~

Comment

Working...
                            X