Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

axle nut, part MXLCVIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bacal36 View Post
    I was able to break off both my axle nuts with this tool right here. Kinda of pricey, but helped me out a great deal. I LOVE this snap on tool.

Snap On Cordless Impact Gun
    No offense but being that you are from California I don't see any reason why the nut wouldn't come off.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Luver View Post
      Yea, i did mine like 6 months ago, and they are now starting to do it again.. any clues what that could be..
      Did you get axles from Autozone, cuz they will do that.

I never had trouble with my axle nuts, but then again my car originally came from Colorado. Usually a 3/4" ratchet and a really long pipe will do it, I worked on one car with another member that they were stuck on tight. It took both of us standing on the pipe to break them free.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        No offense but being that you are from California I don't see any reason why the nut wouldn't come off.

No offense but that statement makes no sense. I've broken 2 breaker bars both while using a 10ft extension trying to remove an axle nut. They are torqued on there pretty damn tight and over time they tend to seize onto the axle. Being in cali doesn't make it easier..

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX View Post
          Being in cali doesn't make it easier..
          Yes it does.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            Yes it does.
            no it doesnt.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              no it doesnt.
              Yes it does. Cars from Cali arent typically rusted like ones from any other state.

Originally posted by LinX View Post
              I've broken 2 breaker bars both while using a 10ft extension trying to remove an axle nut.
              Breaker bars arent designed to be used with 10ft extension. Thats called user error.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
                Yes it does. Cars from Cali arent typically rusted like ones from any other state.

(i've seen rusted cars from cali and i lived in vacaville for 11 years)

Breaker bars arent designed to be used with 10ft extension. Thats called user error.
                i just go to a shop and have the nuts taken off with an air gun
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

go to home depot and buy a long steel pipe and use a 1/2 inch drive ratch the right size socket and a lil wd40 and with will come right off

Comment

i have one of those steel pipes and that's what contributed to the broken tools we have.

air tools ftw

the deed is done, axles are replaced, as are the rotors. the only problem i really ran into was two of the four bolts that hold the hub/rotor together. two were so tight, we had to torch the crap out of them. they're on there hand tight right now until i can get to work tomorrow and get 4 new ones.

the only thing i really did not get to do was replace my tie rod boots, but i held off because the tie rods didn't look too good.

Comment

you might run into MORE rusted cars further east but believe me, i have snapped many half-inch breakers trying to get honda axles off.

my best friend for removing these are a GOOD QUALITY, Pneumatic (thats the key word) impact gun.
                      and it is absolutely a must that you have enough pressure for a sustainable amount of time for it to work.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Go to Firestone/SearsAuto/ect. and ask them if they would loosten and then tighten them immediately. They won't have a problem doing it, as it takes no more than 1 minute. Make sure you have the hubcaps or whatever off so they have easy access to the nut.

Then, at home, use your 3/4" breaker bar with an extension and a 36mm socket to remove the axle nut. When you put the new one on (don't re-use the old one), apply a bit of anti-seize to prevent the nut from freezing on (which is why you can't get your current one off).

There is no need to buy an impact gun for this one job. Unless you are going to be a ton of work on many cars, it doesn't make sense money wise.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                          my best friend for removing these are a GOOD QUALITY, Pneumatic (thats the key word) impact gun.
                          and it is absolutely a must that you have enough pressure for a sustainable amount of time for it to work.
                          The correct tool always get the job done without breaking.

Comment

The correct tool always get the job done without breaking.
                            looks like you need an impact gun to change your wheels.

do you pwn the widetrack edition Accord?

never understood the appeal of that look.
                            it certainly makes the car look like a Hot Wheel.

its not like your gonna go super swampin' with an Accord.
                            or any car that has wheels like those for that matter.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

either way my ingersoll titanium has taken off anything it has been used against. it even works btter than the 3/4" impact at work.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                                looks like you need an impact gun to change your wheels.

do you pwn the widetrack edition Accord?

never understood the appeal of that look.
                                it certainly makes the car look like a Hot Wheel.

its not like your gonna go super swampin' with an Accord.
                                or any car that has wheels like those for that matter.
                                April fools joke really.
                                Cant go super swampin on autox slicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X