Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

original ECU? Helllppp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original ECU? Helllppp!!

What is the stock ecu for 93 lx auto cause i have a PT3-A51? is that different from the original? what other ecu's can i use? are there any extra mod you have to do like cams, trannies, intakes mani. or something? ALL help is GREATLY appreciated!

EDIT: what the hell does A51 mean? Yes i am new to this section of the car.
    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
    Originally posted by Accrdkid
    Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

The PT3 is the correct ECU for the F22A1, yes.

I honestly don't know what the rest of the number means. It may identify automatic vs. manual. It may designate what year. I'm not sure.

You can swap over F22A6 parts and upgrade to the PT6 ECU. Other than that, you're looking into chipping and custom tuning ECUs... very involved. Check out the ECU Tuning section under the Performance forum.

Comment

A51 sounds like its an automatic.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkid View Post
        What is the stock ecu for 93 lx auto cause i have a PT3-A51? is that different from the original? what other ecu's can i use? are there any extra mod you have to do like cams, trannies, intakes mani. or something? ALL help is GREATLY appreciated!
        well bro, if you have a F22A1 or A4 then the Pt3 is the right original ECU, but if you have a F22A1 and a Pt6 Intake manifold then the Pt3 is a bad ecu.....if you go the A1-A4 then get a P12 ECU!...its the greatest 30 bucks mod ever,..lol......extra Modifications like camshaft...i'll go with a Delta Regrind or Bisimoto cam, Intake manifold...you can either go with a F22A6/Pt6 Intake manifold and get the IABs(black box) or go high with the F22A6/H23 Intake manifold with butterflies removed(open runners at all times)....oh and for the something?....Header.....ebay headers are good.....they aren't the worstest kind but if you want high brand then look for Nuespeed, DC headers, Bisi headers, Mugan(megan?) headers,......but your pockets can't be empty homie so.....no cash no way!...

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          A51 sounds like its an automatic.
          yeah it might....but everybody needs to know that ....a auto cb7 has a ECU/ECM & a TCU(transmission control unit) a manual cb7 has a ECu/ECM.....and thats it no TCU....so i believe it really doesn't matter?....no difference in shifting, performance, or handling.....? right Deev or no?

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
            right Deev or no?
            Deev = God?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by c91blx7 View Post
              deev = God?
              Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                Mugan(megan?)
                I saw you do this before... I thought it was a typo then, but you apparently don't know the difference... let me clarify.

Mugen (not Mugan) is a company started by Hirotoshi Honda, the son of Honda founder Soichiro Honda. Mugen is a performance company, much like Nismo for Nissan, TRD for Toyota, or STi for Subaru. Though unlike those, Mugen was never really a part of Honda. Mugen parts are extremely well made, and extremely expensive. Mugen makes no CB7-specific parts that I am aware of (and that means F22A parts as well)

Megan Racing is a knockoff company. They grew as an "ebay company" and have since established a reputation, much like OBX, as being one of the best knockoff companies. They engineer few, if any, of their own parts. Their parts are decent for the price, but not fantastic.

For a motor such as the H22A, a Mugen header brand new sold for $1500 or more. A Megan header for the H22A can be had for about $100.

Comment

so basically if i got a PT6 ecu I would screw myself over incredibly bad. so on a low budget (i'm talkin' $2 to my name right now) what could i do. The reason i ask and started this thread was cause my d4 light is blinking and the code reads 2 which is a bad b solenoid but i change the solenoid. So now i'm thinkin' it's the ecu?......... I think not quite sure what they(sloenoids) actually look like.......OH no not again heelllpp!!?? I'm Lost again
                  Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                  Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
                  Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    I saw you do this before... I thought it was a typo then, but you apparently don't know the difference... let me clarify.

Mugen (not Mugan) is a company started by Hirotoshi Honda, the son of Honda founder Soichiro Honda. Mugen is a performance company, much like Nismo for Nissan, TRD for Toyota, or STi for Subaru. Though unlike those, Mugen was never really a part of Honda. Mugen parts are extremely well made, and extremely expensive. Mugen makes no CB7-specific parts that I am aware of (and that means F22A parts as well)

Megan Racing is a knockoff company. They grew as an "ebay company" and have since established a reputation, much like OBX, as being one of the best knockoff companies. They engineer few, if any, of their own parts. Their parts are decent for the price, but not fantastic.

For a motor such as the H22A, a Mugen header brand new sold for $1500 or more. A Megan header for the H22A can be had for about $100.

oh !@#$.....i feel stupid aftertalking smart in this thread...?....sorry

Comment

Working...
                    X