Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 or h23 head swap on a f22 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 or h23 head swap on a f22 block

can this be done and if so what all parts are needed lmk thanks

well first you have to decide on which head you wana use non-vtec or vtec then go from there. p.s. h23 head is a much easier swap.

Comment

Either one is a waste of money and effort. You will not get yourself a low-budget H22 or H23 by doing this swap. The gains will be minimal, and the possibility for reliability problems will increase considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        Either one is a waste of money and effort. You will not get yourself a low-budget H22 or H23 by doing this swap. The gains will be minimal, and the possibility for reliability problems will increase considerably.
        why you say that (just want to know)

Comment

You dont have the same compression or the ability to rev high with the f22 bottom end like you would with an h22 bottom end.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

what about with a f23a block?

Comment

Me and deevergote will have this arguement for life..on aim..on here.in person..in heaven..or hell..ha..w.e..

Anyone thinking about doing a hybrid..I want them to answer a few questions..(chess ur Q & A rubbed off on me..haha)

Q: are u confident in your mechanical abilities to do the work?

A: if no, then move onto something else...full h23a or h22a swap..

A2: if yes, good..now determine which route you want to go..weither just headswap or block rebuild

Q: if this gonna be all motor or a turbocharged engine?

A: if all motor..don't get your hopes up of spinning to 8,000rpm like a h22a does...it won't happen reliably without breaking something at one point or another (I've learned that the hard ward)

If turbocharged, then you need to really think weither or not some aftermarket pistons/rods would benefit your creation..or atleast new bearings and piston rings..

Now..my arguement with deeve..is simple

Take the quantity it cost to buy a h22a fullswap(search and enter your own price)

Now add the following

+timing belt
              +balancer shaft belt
              +main seal
              +rear main seal
              +valve cover gasket
              +possibly broken tps?
              +oil pan gasket
              +possibly clutch? Dependant on wear of previous mad jdm vtack owner

Tally that up..

Now..

Tally up the same replacement parts(seals/gaskets/etc)

And add the following

H23a head=150-200 (I've sourced em for that price on more than 1 occasion with intake manifold

H23a crank timing sprocket=42.xx frm honda

Arp rod bolts(might as well) =125

Chipped p06=150

And u tell me if a hybrid costs more than doing a h22a swap..?

I won't say it costs tons less..because I know in some cases that isn't the truth..

But unreliabilty and longevity is in the hands of the builder.. And driver and how he chooses to force his engine..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

that does make alot of sense. allthough i thought the same thing about the f22block with the h22 head. its not worth the hassel as well as it aint gonna work right.

Comment

Work right and not worth the hassle are 2 diff things..it does work....weither its worth your time or not is up to you..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

that makes alot of sense thanks you guy the site is the %^it. So let say I wanted a h22 all i need is motor . it should fine on the stock f series tranny .

Comment

Originally posted by The avatar View Post
                      that makes alot of sense thanks you guy the site is the %^it. So let say I wanted a h22 all i need is motor . it should fine on the stock f series tranny .
                      it will run on the f tranny but you would be getting more useable power out of your motor with a h series tranny.

time to head over to the swap section.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

by my house they have a shop that sells h22 for 950 just the motor mint condition.......and there also is labjunkies.com they do an engine swap

-h22
                        -new h22 tranny
                        -5 speed conversion on my 92 coupe for only 2700 dollars

Comment

yeah iam doin the H22 motor only and get a good clutch setup . then lata down the line ill get the best tranny to mat up with h22.

Comment

what about 1/4 mile times allmotor accords do with a H22 with bolt ons you know I/H/E cams tune
                            Last edited by The avatar; 01-24-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I have the F tranny on a h22 and i wasn't dissapointed in the performance,.
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X