Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 or h23 head swap on a f22 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ my man!!! do you got an videos of ur accord

Comment

not as of recently....

but i do have some on my myspace when it was automatic accord tranny bolted to it.

go here, and if you go into my home page you'll see where i was racing another car.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88340
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

i'm really gettin interested in doin the f22 block/h22 head swap. i just wanna know what you need to hondabond/hondaweld to make the swap work?

Comment

I believe there is a DIY somewhere
          either that or complete build step through someone did
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by cole_edinger View Post
            i'm really gettin interested in doin the f22 block/h22 head swap. i just wanna know what you need to hondabond/hondaweld to make the swap work?
            Why do you want to do this swap?

Comment

Because I already have a junk motor that I can salvage the block from and I figure I'd be better off building the hell out of it to make it bulletproof for about $1300 rather than spend more than that for a stock h22. Not to mention the f22 block is better for turbo

Comment

Because I already have a junk motor that I can salvage the block from and I figure I'd be better off building the hell out of it to make it bulletproof for about $1300 rather than spend more than that for a stock h22. Not to mention the f22 block is better for turbo
                What you going to do with the Bisi cam then?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                  What you going to do with the Bisi cam then?
                  you want it? i'm not going to be using it anymore and i never put my built head on my new motor. I'll sell you the whole head if you want.

Comment

Just wondering why you even want a DOHC head? A series heads = god.

Comment

A series? That's the 3rd gen, buddy... and the A series heads flow like crap.

F series. F series engines come in our cars, and the heads do have a lot of potential. Stock, not so much. Modified, they have a fantastic valve angle and port design.

Comment

why do you consider a motor that makes half the power a better platform for turbo?

the only thing you can benifit from is that you can use forged psitons... and thats it. everything else on the h22 or h23 block is stronger and designed better. (except for the sleeves) but even the FRM sleeves have help up to
                        400whp.
                        With the proper tuning their is little to worry about, and without correct tuning your little f22 block will also explode.

yes the f22 is capable of being turboed... it's just your argument is not definitive.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Yeah, the F22A isn't necessarily better... it's just cheaper.

And honestly, I'd rather blow up an F22A than an H22A... if you're going to go cheap for a turbo project, use a motor that's inexpensive to replace!

Comment

lol so i'm confused about what hes trying to do now? H22 headswap isn't that hard. Like it was said its little things you need to do but they are critical....
                            To do that head swap on your f22 you need/need to do:
                            1.h22 complete head(intake manifold, injectors, throttle body, vtec sol etc etc)
                            2.exhaust manifold and y-pipe, or just headers and make a new exhaust, whichever
                            3. h22 ecu
                            4. can be a used h22 water pump
                            5. h22 crankshaft timing gear
                            6. h22 head gasket, echaust gasket
                            7. h22 timing belt
                            8. h22 water cross over pipe. (good luck finding that new )<<there was 1 in the U.S when i was working at acura and i needed it. Modded the t-stat housing instead
                            9. h22 distributor
                            OK off the top thats what i remember.
                            The 2 last oil returns on the drivers side(front one and back) need to be sealed
                            The water cross over pipe needs to be cut. Water pump side needs to be f series, t-stat side needs to be h series, connect the 2 with hose or weld the pipe together.
                            Remove the orifice from the f22 block right above the oil pressure sensor. (on deck of the block, you'll see it when you take the f head off.)
                            All i can remember right now, But if your still interested in it this will get you started, if you haven't lost motivation now

Deev should i just make a thread in the swap forum for this, so you don't get aggrivated everytime a new member asks about this just let me know and i'll pull my pics and get to typing
                            Previous cb7members ride thread
                            86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

If you want to, go for it!

I hate these stupid frankenstein swaps, but if we could at least have a definitive DIY on how to do it RIGHT, it'd be better!

Comment

lol ok man, i'll try to get working on it this weekend, i gotta get all my pics together for it.
                                Previous cb7members ride thread
                                86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Working...
                                X