Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 performance rebuild questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 performance rebuild questions

I am going to be rebuilding my F22A1 engine in a few weeks and im doing research on how to get somemore horsepower but still be smog legal in california. I know Bisimoto's stage 1 cam is smog legal but are there any others out there that are? I know Bisi is the best but im just wondering. Another question i have is if i got my head P&P and left the stock cam in would i gain power? Also would boring it .030 over make any more power then standard bore? I already have a cheapy intake, headers, and a muffler (stock piping and stock cat) i am going to be putting 2.5" piping after the rebuild and maybe a high flow cat.

id stick with the camshaft upgrade...boring out should only be done to straighten and true the bores.

a port and polish on a stock head most likely wouldnt do anything unless the exhaust side was opened up and accompanied with proper bolt ons. a lot of times, porters will open the ports too much and wont create enough air velocity and the motor will just be a pig.

you can also lighten up your rotating mass a bit however touching the crank and rods is not recommended unless it is a real performance motor. you can add an ATI or fluidampr crankshaft dampener and a lighten flywheel.

you can mill the head about .020 or .030 and this will bump your compression about a quarter of a point (whopp-dee-doo right?)

however general rule of thumb is 15 hp gain per point of compression.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

So just a basic valve job with a cam and mill the head? As far as the bottom end goes wouldn't the glaze need to be taken off the cylinder walls for the new rings to seat properly? Where im going with that is if the block needs to be taken to a machine shop for that and the .030 over pistons are the same price as standard would .030 over do SOMETHING? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 91lxf22a1 View Post
        So just a basic valve job with a cam and mill the head? As far as the bottom end goes wouldn't the glaze need to be taken off the cylinder walls for the new rings to seat properly? Where im going with that is if the block needs to be taken to a machine shop for that and the .030 over pistons are the same price as standard would .030 over do SOMETHING? lol.
        slightly...i believe it is .50mm or .020
        .020 should clean up just fine.

if you can, get a performance vlave job and backcut the valves. the machine shop would know this.
        also deburr the pistons, take any sharp edges away that could potentially impede flow and/or create hot spots.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I already have a cheapy intake, headers, and a muffler (stock piping and stock cat) i am going to be putting 2.5" piping after the rebuild and maybe a high flow cat.
          Continue with the above idea.

I would add the Bisimoto level 1 camshaft to your plans, the H23 intake manifold & H23 throttle body combo as well or F22a6 intake manifold/TB setup. If you still have money, I would have the exhaust ports on your F22ax head ported, if on a budget, this is the better bang for the buck on a budget build.

CHR Motorsports (www.chrracingproducts.com) will clean, port your exhaust ports, resurface your head, new valve seals and 3-angle valve job for $660. Check them out, talk to Jeff, real nice & honest guy.

More info in link below:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119746
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Would the intake manifold swaps be smog legal?

Comment

Would the intake manifold swaps be smog legal?
              Technically, no, because it isn't an original piece. What saves you is that no smog tech is going to know the difference. They look almost identical, and they both look stock; you'd really have to be looking to know the difference. I don't think you will ever have any trouble with it, especially if you have other mods (intake, exhaust). Those will catch his attention.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

If you have a F22a1, here's a list of things to do to make 30+ hp for AT MOST $500.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
                You can get all those parts from the JY.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                X