Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hub removal tool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hub removal tool question

ok so I was lookin around on ebay and I found this tool for removing the front hub
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Try-I...motiveQ5fTools
    what do you guys think

I have one and they work great. Used it several times.
    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Waste of money.

Four 10MMx1.25 bolts is the way to go. (and the correct way)
      wat?

Comment

so I was thinkin about this tool so I don't have to take everything apart. I don't mind spending a lil extra for the convience of replacing the rotor or turning it everytime I want to do the brakes. So I heard one good and one bad, need more input.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Waste of money.

Four 10MMx1.25 bolts is the way to go. (and the correct way)
          Not.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

if you can take it apart with out it , why would you buy this? 120 bucks sounds like a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors to me.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              Not.
              You're trippin. Bolts is definitely the best way to remove the rotors. Using a slide hammer or that thing on Ebay dude is talking bout works too but using extended bolts to push the rotor out is WAY easier. I had to replace one of my wheel studs and rotors on my CB and it was like cake. Trust me I've done both methods and using bolts is by far the best, and cheapest.
              Last edited by HardInThePaint; 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

i have always used a slide hammer and some bg inforce (high performance wd40) and it always works out pretty good for me
                278 whp 266 wtq.
                build thread. CLICK HERE
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126819

Comment

Originally posted by coupe View Post
                  i have always used a slide hammer and some bg inforce (high performance wd40) and it always works out pretty good for me
                  Yeah thats all good but my question is would you rather sit there bangin away wit a slide hammer or just chill and screw a couple of bolts down? Most cats use a slide hammer cuz they don't know about the bolt method cuz if you ever used bolts then trust me you would never use a slide hammer ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    Yeah thats all good but my question is would you rather sit there bangin away wit a slide hammer or just chill and screw a couple of bolts down? Most cats use a slide hammer cuz they don't know about the bolt method cuz if you ever used bolts then trust me you would never use a slide hammer ever again.
                    it takes about 10 sec to take it off with a slide hammer..... and you can rent a slide hammer for free at auto zone or pep boys.... that beats the $120 for the tool lol
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by 91F22A1 View Post
                      ok so I was lookin around on ebay and I found this tool for removing the front hub
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Try-I...motiveQ5fTools
                      what do you guys think
                      dont do it.. waste of cash..

Comment

if you wanted to use a "tool" couldn't you just use one of these @ 1/5 the cost?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10101
                        My Honda

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                          it takes about 10 sec to take it off with a slide hammer..... and you can rent a slide hammer for free at auto zone or pep boys.... that beats the $120 for the tool lol
                          Yeah it might take you 10 seconds with the slide but thats up in the air. I've seen many of cats bangin and bangin away with the slide hammer cuz they shit is stuck on there. And I don't even know what the hell that tool is on Ebay, I'm sure it works but I wouldn't bother with it. But if were me using the bolts (a couple bucks at hardware store) which a lot less labor or going to Autozone and renting a slide hammer and bangin away, which may or may not be easy, then I'm gonna go with the bolts all day long.

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
                          if you wanted to use a "tool" couldn't you just use one of these @ 1/5 the cost?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10101
                          Yeah and I've tried using one of those in the past and I didn't have much luck with it. When you screw that thing in the middle down it has to press up against the threaded axel part and I just wasn't comfortable using it. You can rent one of those at Autozone as well.

Comment

ok thx guys for the input. with all being said I still can't decide what I wanna do now. They all sound good. Only reason I didn't wanna do the bolt method is that I don't wanna take off the lower joint incase it doesn't wanna come loose and the 4 bot idea is def cheaper. So its either be cheap and do more work or spend the money and get something that I won't have to commit alot of time and effort on.

Comment

Originally posted by 91F22A1 View Post
                              ok thx guys for the input. with all being said I still can't decide what I wanna do now. They all sound good. Only reason I didn't wanna do the bolt method is that I don't wanna take off the lower joint incase it doesn't wanna come loose and the 4 bot idea is def cheaper. So its either be cheap and do more work or spend the money and get something that I won't have to commit alot of time and effort on.
                              Well you gotta remove the lower ball joint anyways in order to slide the axel out and get to those 4 bolts in the back that hold the hub on.

Comment

Working...
                              X