Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help weird noise and I dont know where its coming from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help weird noise and I dont know where its coming from

Like most people probably I love that melody you get from ur intake and your exhaust when you accelerate into the high rpms(i have a auto). Everything was cool wit my car and then a couple days ago all of a sudden I hear this noise coming from the right side of my car. It sounds like a tapping sound like theres something loose or theres angry bees in my intake, i checked my SRI to see if it was something loose but everythings cool. I only hear the noise when the car is in drive and accelerate towards the point where the car shifts or I floor it. Any ideas?

Oh yeah anthing to help but i got a jump my battery died left my headlights on like 3 days before i heard this noise and ima need a new head gasket its not bad i just see that dark residue under and on the sides of the valve cover and i just wanted to get it replaced . and i need brakes the car stops real good but i get that annoying squeek.

My eyes hurt after reading that man.

Have you revved the car from the engine bay, maybe you'll be able to hear it better and have a better description.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

my bad i know its alot. but yeah and to me its very low but it sounds like its coming from the engine. I was thinking something was wrong wit the headers but im not a expert

Comment

A low humming noise its common from the short ram intake, but if you can't pin point the sound have someone else listen to it and get a second opinion.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i think ill take it to the shop and have them take a look at it thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Dnice11 View Post
            i think ill take it to the shop and have them take a look at it thanks man
            thats what happened to mine like 4 times.. its like a squeaking noise and air at the same time.. i just dont know how to explain the sound.. but i didnt hear the noise for 3 weeks now..

Comment

Working...
            X