Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DIY intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
    are you sure??...did you buy one of those already???
    you'll need to relocate your battery or cut off about 8" on the piping.just try and see where you can put in the filter to make it fit.. i got the same one and i jst jacked off part of the pipe to make it fit and just bought myself a K&N for the filter.. dont cheap out on your car's filtration.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7'kid View Post
      you'll need to relocate your battery or cut off about 8" on the piping.just try and see where you can put in the filter to make it fit.. i got the same one and i jst jacked off part of the pipe to make it fit and just bought myself a K&N for the filter.. dont cheap out on your car's filtration.
      thanks...i dont want to do any modifcations to my car in order to fit a intake in it...im not very skilled yet...i dont know how to relocate the battery and i also dont want to cut off the pipe..any ideas about direct replacement??..i saw the weapon r intakes..they seem to fit for a decent price...

Comment

any ideas about direct replacement.
        Go to eBay Motors, and type in "90 accord intake".
        You'll find hundreds of intakes that are direct fits.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

thanks...i dont want to do any modifcations to my car in order to fit a intake in it...im not very skilled yet...i dont know how to relocate the battery and i also dont want to cut off the pipe..
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=109732

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

thanks...i dont want to do any modifcations to my car in order to fit a intake in it...im not very skilled yet...i dont know how to relocate the battery and i also dont want to cut off the pipe..any ideas about direct replacement??..i saw the weapon r intakes..they seem to fit for a decent price...
            you wont affect anything cutting of the piping of the intake... here are a few guys that bought it.. look into some pics.. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...lar+AEM+intake

Comment

D.I.Y. Intake

Thats tru this was the first mod i did to my car wen i got it in aug. and it ran like a bat out of hell. Well worth it. Hey wuld anybody happen to know if the cai from a '94-'97 4 cyl. fits a '92 4 cyl.?
              But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaranger84 View Post
                Thats tru this was the first mod i did to my car wen i got it in aug. and it ran like a bat out of hell. Well worth it. Hey wuld anybody happen to know if the cai from a '94-'97 4 cyl. fits a '92 4 cyl.?
                Yeah, I'd also like to know this as well. Advance has one for cheap!
                Student at NTI
                --------
                DD 93 LX 5spd 270k miles. Stock except for a stubby antenna from advance.
                1992 4.0L 4x4 5speed Ford Explorer with 30x9.5's on Crager soft 8's.
                Mods for now include:
                Warrior lift shackles in the rear. (Soon to lift the front equally as much 2")
                And killer exhaust system
                12" sub&enclosure (not in truck yet)

Comment

The 94-97 Battery sits rotated 90° to the front cross member/parallel to the frame rails. And it also sits on a battery tray that is positioned so that the battery hangs out into the engine bay from the frame rail. It make more room between the fender and battery for the air filter. The CB7's don't have that room. You could rotate & move your battery & tray.
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X