Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question on transmission rebuild/upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on transmission rebuild/upgrade

Okay,
    I've seen a lot of people talking about turbo this, and n/a that. Which is completely and utterly okay. Nothing wrong with putting power into your car. There is however something I realized. How in the hell are we expected to put anywhere from 200-500 wheel horsepower down to the pavement repeatedly and consistently, without breaking a gear?

I'm not saying that our five speeds cannot handle the abuse, but come on, there has to be a limit. What I want to know is if there are manufacturers out there that make stronger gears for transmission rebuilds that will easily handle the daily stress of said added power.

Has anyone done any research or found anything remotely useful to this question?

Second question, how much horsepower can the f22a1 five speed handle until it breaks?
    Last edited by Eugene; 01-10-2009, 01:56 AM. Reason: misspelled word

there are lots of thing on a stock cb that can break besides the tranny gears. with a huge amount of power you would also need to transfer it to the ground without just spinning the tires before concerning yourself about the tranny or anything else breaking.

Comment

more likely to destroy your diff before you ripp a gear apart. My buddy is putting down over 800 daily driven on a f22 tranny in a prelude. so i dont think gears breaking should be a concern for the majority of power producers on here.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
        more likely to destroy your diff before you ripp a gear apart. My buddy is putting down over 800 daily driven on a f22 tranny in a prelude. so i dont think gears breaking should be a concern for the majority of power producers on here.

800+ is a s**tload of power what motor and whats done to it?
        Last edited by g1kon1wheel; 01-10-2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g1kon1wheel View Post
          there are lots of thing on a stock cb that can break besides the tranny gears. with a huge amount of power you would also need to transfer it to the ground without just spinning the tires before concerning yourself about the tranny or anything else breaking.
          Obviously, but axles and clutches are far easier to come by than high quality transmission gears. I knew all that. Secondly, there's no way in hell (no offense) that 800 is remotely possible consistently, on a daily basis without the boost being lowered down. Unless he's got like 200 ft. lbs. of torque. Not bashing, more curious than anything how if credible, he successfully does that daily.

Any links to videos, or websites with info on his car?

Comment

gear speed makes upgraded stuff for us. carbon synchros and such.
            for auto, level 10 is the way to go. i just drove past their shop the other day. its here in jersey.

but yes, the gears usually hold up fine. the synchros go, the diff will grenade, and the clutch and axles wont last. but all that is easily upgraded. carbon synchros, quaife diff, a good clutch (there are tons), and either gator or driveshaftshop axles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
              gear speed makes upgraded stuff for us. carbon synchros and such.
              for auto, level 10 is the way to go. i just drove past their shop the other day. its here in jersey.

but yes, the gears usually hold up fine. the synchros go, the diff will grenade, and the clutch and axles wont last. but all that is easily upgraded. carbon synchros, quaife diff, a good clutch (there are tons), and either gator or driveshaftshop axles.
              God ****ing bless you. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. You my friend are getting a damned sticker!

added: Jonas, you said auto, so they also upgrade auto transmissions? How much horsepower/torque does the level 10 hold?
              Last edited by Eugene; 01-10-2009, 02:31 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

www.gear-speed.com - i know h22sparkle got a transmission done by them and LOVED it.

www.levelten.com - i dont know anyone that shelled out the cash to have a built auto from them, but they are one of the most well known auto trans shops

since you found the info useful, i might as well go a little further.
                can my sticker be a scratch and sniff? those are neat!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                  www.gear-speed.com - i know h22sparkle got a transmission done by them and LOVED it.

www.levelten.com - i dont know anyone that shelled out the cash to have a built auto from them, but they are one of the most well known auto trans shops

since you found the info useful, i might as well go a little further.
                  can my sticker be a scratch and sniff? those are neat!

Hell yeah! Maybe even those scented markers!

Comment

Originally posted by g1kon1wheel View Post
                    800+ is a s**tload of power what motor and whats done to it?
                    H22 fully built gt42r running 24psi with more to come once we switch to aluminum rods.

Originally posted by Eugene View Post
                    Secondly, there's no way in hell (no offense) that 800 is remotely possible consistently, on a daily basis without the boost being lowered down. Unless he's got like 200 ft. lbs. of torque. Not bashing, more curious than anything how if credible, he successfully does that daily.

Any links to videos, or websites with info on his car?
                    Just because he has over 800hp doesnt mean that he is driving around full boost at every stop light hell i have 450 in my cb7 and i know i dont use it on the street 95% of the time. he doesnt change his boost at all and just drives it like it was meant to be driven on the street with crazy power at the track. and he has over 500lbs of tq.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you also don't make peak power at low rpm. a motor with 800hp and 500ft.lbs probably puyts less strain on the transmission under 3000rpm than a motor with a little turbo putting down about 200/200 early in the rpm range.

Comment

After Reading through quite a few threads and posts on other forums. I've decided to stray away from Level 10. reading at least 30 posts each from about 13 different forums on how people keep consistently having the same issues with their transmissions from Level 10.

Although one name kept coming up that people claimed reliable.

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/

It seems as though they have their head on right.

I really want to be unique and do an auto transmission build, and I think I found my guy!

Anyone with any experience with these guys?
                        Last edited by Eugene; 01-11-2009, 04:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

wow, level10 must've gone downhill then. when i last looked, they were the best thing going!

Comment

Working...
                          X