Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wheel Problems Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel Problems Help!!

hey Everyone, I have been a member of this forum for a like 2 yrs and never posted anything til now. I have 2 problems:
    1) bad wheel bearings, front driver side is complete but the rear is down to the inner race. Ive used everything to try to remove it. I have 3 jaw puller but I cant get enough gap with chisels for the teeth to fit. What are other suggestions to remove the inner race bearing this without removing the shoes?

2) I have also snapped a tuner lug in half on the other rear rim and cant remove the wheel for anything. I thought about removing the center cap, spindle nut n pull the drum/bearing/rim off together, but how would I still remove the drum/bear from the rim.

Any suggestions are welcome. I have exhausted most I am capable of doing. also If anyone have other threads they can suggest even though I have search high and low on the forum. thanks everyone

all i can recommend for the race is alot of pb blast and keep pullin and bangin on it. same thing happened to me bfore and thats what i did.

as for the lug...is it a stock wheel? or an aftermarket wheel? because if its stock i recommened heating up the wheel stud and just cutting it off with a torch, but if they're nice aftermarket wheels then dont do that cause youll burn up your nice wheels. you can easily replace wheel studs after quite easily.

Comment

they are motegi 18 wheels

Comment

check the other thread you started. lmk. thanks

Comment

To get the rear hub off, you have to get that dust cap off and remove the nut.

Every thing should come off than.

Make sure you be careful of the brakelines, they are short.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
            To get the rear hub off, you have to get that dust cap off and remove the nut.

Every thing should come off than.

Make sure you be careful of the brakelines, they are short.

i am hoping that he already did that. i am assuming that the bearing races have seized to the spindle ( not that uncommon considering the age of our cars ) and thats why he can't get them off. let us know. thanks

Comment

I don't know how bad you snapped off the lugnut, but sometimes it's possible to weld a nut to it, and use a matching socket on an impact to break it loose and get it off the stud.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                I don't know how bad you snapped off the lugnut, but sometimes it's possible to weld a nut to it, and use a matching socket on an impact to break it loose and get it off the stud.

i think it really depends on what style / kind of wheel he has. good luck

Comment

what did you snap, the stud? or did the nut itself break?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                    what did you snap, the stud? or did the nut itself break?

i think he snapped the stud as he says he is unable to get the wheel off know.

Comment

if the stud snapped then there should be nothing holding the wheel on there.

Comment

Working...
                      X