Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clunking noice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clunking noice??

i was driving then i made a right turn to a parking... i wasnt going really fast cuz my front is kinda low but not to low probably 1-1.5" drop as i was going up all of a sudden i heared a clunking noice on the under the driver side so i just parked for a cool while then i left.. so as i was making a right turn slowly... i keep hearing this clunking noice under me... this only happenes when i make turns or go to a bumpy road...i just replaced the driver side axle about 4 or 5 months ago and the passenger side about 3 or 4 months ago...some pls help...thanks...i wanna know whats wrong with it so i can fix it before the jan.11th socal meet. sorry for the long messege.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
    Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

so your axle are good have you check your ball joints and tie rods they could be worn out.

Comment

yea they are and when my car is off and when i shake the steering wheel a little bit i hear it so it must be that right?? ima get it checked tomorrow to see if its that thanks!

MEMBERS RIDE.

Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

sway bar bushings probably

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yea it only makes it when its almost on full lock or making a tight turn

MEMBERS RIDE.

Comment

Did you replace axles with new or 2nd hand items? Is it a single clunk, or multiple clunks when turnning?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

new.... it has 2 sounds i think it goes *clunk clunk* like 2 things are hitting each other

MEMBERS RIDE.

Comment

2 clunks, probably sway bar link, as stated earlier. could be upper control arm. Totally trashed strut. the bushings in the front beam. Get it on a lift and start pushing on stuff to see what makes noise... or drive in circles on a bumpy parking lot with a friend hanging out the window to listen to when/where it comes from.

Comment

ok guys just found out that its the lower sway bar bushing so cake boy is the winner!!! thanks guys!

MEMBERS RIDE.

Comment

Good to hear you found it
                    The swaybar bushings are cheap and easy to replace, Just make sure that you re-install the bushes and the holders in the correct orientation.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Not to thread jack but the same thing happend to me yesterday when i was coming home from my dads. It was only when tuned the steering wheel and when i got under there and checked it looks like the passanger side tie rods are toast! The sound was as stated above CLUNK! CLUNK! and when i was driving slow i could feel some kind of vibration on the right wheel. You should still check your tie rods just in case.

Comment

Mine use to do that all the time due to me being soo low and putting pressure on the CV Shaft Joints. Happens to my buddie's DA too.

Originally posted by toycar
                        Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

i have the same noise coming from the drivers side, but my rotors are also terrible, is that it maybe?

Comment

Working...
                          X