Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Guide on building G23's for beginners same thread as swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is too all memeber who have wrote or replyed to the threads in the last couple of weeks. The information i provided for the forum of building a G series motor is the best way in my opinion to doing the G series setup with out some much modification the motors in the past when i started all ran well and still runing with boost. So for those who think they are master techs keep doing it your way and i will keep doing it my way either way goes the 2 different ways of doing the build they both run with no problems so if you dont have any good things to say about the information i provided then dont say anything clear and simple.

You can say anything about the cosmetic or what ever but when i comes down to building a reliable G22 or G23 the way i do it works fine and still strong.

Now for those who have questions on why i did that then ask i will tell you why and why it works for me instead of thinking it the wrong way of doing it.

And for those who have there G22 or G23 i will have no problem showing the power i made with my car when my car is ready again i will post a video and dyno sheet.

Thanks to all even the haters you know who you are.
    IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
      haha sig is classic lol. love it.

in all 9 of his threads, (dont know how many he has really, but i know its quite a few), he has been giving out misinformation. all his logic is totally off...calling a jdm f20a is a f20 with h22 head. i have a jdm f20a, and it certainly doesnt have an h22 head, ghetto fabbed together. everything he states is usually wrong, for instance, cam gears the same in h22 and h23, or timing gears the same? cmon, we all know its not. ive built 2 hybrids with the help of carlos, both f22/h23, and everything worked great. i feel i have a decent amount of knowledge in this subject, and after reading his posts, i hope no one takes them seriously and start building hybrids his way. you want hybrid info, carlos (wikked), and mikey (lodollar) are prob top 2 people to talk to.

when you finally get the chance to change your head gasket you will see what im talking about. On the bottom of the dohc f22 head it looks idenical to a h22 there are no holes blocked off and where the holes are located the head gasket block off the area. the head gasket on that motor is like a 5 layer head gasket you will see when you remove the head.

And to clear up what i said in another post we were talking about the timing spocket originaly, so for the cam gears the h22 uses the same timing belt as the h23 it lines up the same way those pics are false in the picture he has a single cam cam gear and a dohc cam gear i know the different between both.

like i said if you like them for building g22 and g23 go for it i know all the builds ive done have no special cutting, welding,blocking,ect cause honda provide all parts to do it with out that. So far as Ghetto fab i dont think so the swap is all ways clean.

And by the way i have no problem being wrong i will admit if im wrong but for this people have to many ways to do this swap even in the thread i posted i said its many ways you could do this but this is the one that work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mahtogje View Post
        when you finally get the chance to change your head gasket you will see what im talking about. On the bottom of the dohc f22 head it looks idenical to a h22 there are no holes blocked off and where the holes are located the head gasket block off the area. the head gasket on that motor is like a 5 layer head gasket you will see when you remove the head.

---Your so wrong it scares me sometimes.. you keep saying "there are no holes blocked off" correct there isnt.. the thing is you have to BLOCK OFF two oil passage-ways on the h22a head when doing a G series..

And to clear up what i said in another post we were talking about the timing spocket originaly, so for the cam gears the h22 uses the same timing belt as the h23 it lines up the same way those pics are false in the picture he has a single cam cam gear and a dohc cam gear i know the different between both.

----this is also SCARY wrong.. for the love of god no one do this.. better yet.. go ahead.. someone please.. go out.. and purchase a h22a timing belt.. and h23a timing belt.. and try to make the teeth match up (invert the belts inside out) and see how "EXACT" they are.. the teeth spacing is different f22a/h23a use RU spacing and h22a uses YU.. two totally dfferent setups man.

like i said if you like them for building g22 and g23 go for it i know all the builds ive done have no special cutting, welding,blocking,ect cause honda provide all parts to do it with out that. So far as Ghetto fab i dont think so the swap is all ways clean.

----right chief.. yeah.. swap is real clean... mr.clean status for sure.

And by the way i have no problem being wrong i will admit if im wrong but for this people have to many ways to do this swap even in the thread i posted i said its many ways you could do this but this is the one that work for me.

------if you have no problem being wrong then why cant you admit when your wrong.. you say you like doing things the way honda intended right? well honda USED two different teeth spacings on the h22a and f22a/h23a and each engine has its respect timing gear.. f22a/h23a = same spacing but different teeth count and h22a = different spacing and totally different teeth count..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yes i see that you got the two heads together thats great but look at when you put the head gasket on the head how block off the oil holes. you didnt show that i see when. and the pics with the timing belt one picture is not a h23 and one is the single cam one cause if i show you the cam gear off my motor it looks like your so called h22 cam gear in that picture. i will take a picture of a real h23 cam gear and post it. you fooled the dick riders but not me. In the picture you got a little cam gear and a big cam gear your not fooling any body.

like i said when you use a h series head gasket the holes get block automaticly and you dont have to plug anything look at a the h22 head gasket look where the two oil holes will go. if you look they are both block by the head gasket.

now school is out of session

wow you cant just admit defeat can you?

1st of all, ive got nothing to prove to you. I am so far out of your league its not even funny. ive got proof that backs up i say, you do not.

2nd, your still wrong.
          the cam gear in that pic is attached to a cam that was in my running H23 head. so you should call up honda and tell them that they fucked up.

the second cam gear is on a H22 cam, from a working H22 head. its got P13 cast in it to lol

the belt is a H23 belt from my old H23 hybrid, and guess what? IT WONT WORK ON H22 CAMGEARS!

if you think a head gasket, with no block casting under it (cause there isnt on a F22, and ill take pics of that too if you really want me to make you look stupid) Is gonna keep oil from leaking out, your a moron.
          IT WONT WORK.

Me, Bagoon, Wikked, Jonas, and D112 = WIN
          you = fail.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

= /thread

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
              wow you cant just admit defeat can you?

1st of all, ive got nothing to prove to you. I am so far out of your league its not even funny. ive got proof that backs up i say, you do not.

2nd, your still wrong.
              the cam gear in that pic is attached to a cam that was in my running H23 head. so you should call up honda and tell them that they fucked up.

the second cam gear is on a H22 cam, from a working H22 head. its got P13 cast in it to lol

the belt is a H23 belt from my old H23 hybrid, and guess what? IT WONT WORK ON H22 CAMGEARS!

if you think a head gasket, with no block casting under it (cause there isnt on a F22, and ill take pics of that too if you really want me to make you look stupid) Is gonna keep oil from leaking out, your a moron.
              IT WONT WORK.

Me, Bagoon, Wikked, Jonas, and D112 = WIN
              you = fail.

when you take apart a dohc f22a let me know. and tell me what you see.

far as the timing belt goes i will let you have it cause im tired of the same shit over and over.

and far as out of your league i dont have a problem runing you if thats what your saying you car may have more hp than mine for now but not when i finish up a motor i been working on for the last couple months and im not talking about the one in my car. So if you feel you want to put your money where you mouth is it no problem for me. I make money your suppose to be to most powerful accord on here your vtec f22 vs my non vtec f23 oh and the new is built so there wont be any excuses i will be read by spring so that will give you time to upgrade or what ever you got to do. that will settle the score who's engine build out performs one another.

peace Oh and let me know if you want to run!

Comment

so um.. how many car lengths you gonna need smalles?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

meyagi! meyagi! meyagi! meyagi! lol.

the funniest thing is saying that H23 cam gears and H22 cam gears are the same lol. go look up AEM, Skunk2, any manuf. of both, you will come to see that H23 is same as B16, B18, B20, and the h22 is one in its own. The cam gears for the engines are diff.

hence when doing these hybrids...

h22 head you use h22 cam gears, timing gear, water pump gear, and timing belt.

h23 head you use h23 cam gears, timing gear, water pump doesnt matter, and timing belt i recomend using h23 since the gsr is a fatty belt and will rub if not perfectly centered on each gear.

i have both cam gears (h22 and h23) at home as well and would love to take pics when i get home after school. just to shove meyagi's pics and my pics in ur face at the same time.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

i like saying meyagi, its better than lodollar or mikey or mike lol. i dunno, its just me lol.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

oh and 1 more thing..

mr mahtogie.. werent you trying to make meyagis (LOL chris) power on a STOCK BOTTOM END.. now your going fully built eh? funny how you change your mind so quick.. mad tyte jdm

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

when you take apart a dohc f22a let me know. and tell me what you see.

far as the timing belt goes i will let you have it cause im tired of the same shit over and over.

and far as out of your league i dont have a problem runing you if thats what your saying you car may have more hp than mine for now but not when i finish up a motor i been working on for the last couple months and im not talking about the one in my car. So if you feel you want to put your money where you mouth is it no problem for me. I make money your suppose to be to most powerful accord on here your vtec f22 vs my non vtec f23 oh and the new is built so there wont be any excuses i will be read by spring so that will give you time to upgrade or what ever you got to do. that will settle the score who's engine build out performs one another.

peace Oh and let me know if you want to run!
                        were talking about the H22 head on F22a block.
                        the HG wont seal the holes, it will leak oil.

as far as running, lol @ U.
                        cmon up homie, shit, to make it worth your while, ill even do a race gas tune, just for you
                        i make 530 wheel on 18psi on (cough) 91 octane
                        you do the math on what ill make at 24-27psi on C16
                        so make sure youve got the power before you step up!

oh, and since i did my shit right the 1st time, the only upgrade i need to see 650 wheel, is more boost and race gas LOL
                        Last edited by LoDollar92LX; 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                          so um.. how many car lengths you gonna need smalles?
                          HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chris, Meyagi is fine with me brotha!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                            were talking about the H22 head on F22a block.
                            the HG wont seal the holes, it will leak oil.

as far as running, lol @ U.
                            cmon up homie, shit, to make it worth your while, ill even do a race gas tune, just for you
                            i make 530 wheel on 18psi on (cough) 91 octane
                            you do the math on what ill make at 24-27psi on C16
                            so make sure youve got the power before you step up!

hey mikey.. make sure you slant your intercooler for faster spool..

ok im done now

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                              meyagi! meyagi! meyagi! meyagi! lol.i have both cam gears (h22 and h23) at home as well and would love to take pics when i get home after school. just to shove meyagi's pics and my pics in ur face at the same time.
                              the funniest thing is saying that H23 cam gears and H22 cam gears are the same lol. go look up AEM, Skunk2, any manuf. of both, you will come to see that H23 is same as B16, B18, B20, and the h22 is one in its own. The cam gears for the engines are diff.

hence when doing these hybrids...

h22 head you use h22 cam gears, timing gear, water pump gear, and timing belt.

h23 head you use h23 cam gears, timing gear, water pump doesnt matter, and timing belt i recomend using h23 since the gsr is a fatty belt and will rub if not perfectly centered on each gear.

all of that doesnt matter anymore its when another says im not in his league we can settle this shit on pinks i dont give a fuck i hope he got the money to spend cause i put real money into my car yeah i may have the radiator fan zip tied but thats how they come but any ways its his build against mine thats whats this is about who's right who's wrong and the 2 motors are diffenrent i admit that but the original thread was not on the timing gear it was on the spocket. i seen my cam gears mine dont look like his im sorry if im wrong i will make sure i let the readers know i had some mis information and will correct it.

Comment

Ok i got some information LoDollar92LX was right about the timing gears and spocket the only reason i thought the swap is the same based on useing the same parts from the motor the swap came from. I understood what you was talking about im sorry to those who have took this conversation personal there was somethings said that was misunderstood on my end and i will admit fault. So yes you are correct that the h22 gears are different.

When i done the swap in the past i never had both h22 and h23 together i always had one or the other. So thats why i thought that is was the same timing set up you are correct if using a h22 head you will have to use a h22 timing set up. And using h23 head you will have to use a h23 timing set up.

I will correct my thread ive posted

But that still dont turn down my offer to run you let me know! the power is there dont worry about that. i got a built motor waiting to be used you think your the only one that gonna be runing 20psi or better think again.
                                Last edited by mahtogje; 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X