Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need some advice for my Moms car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice for my Moms car.

I tried a search, but I really have no idea what to put in for the search for the info I need since everyone uses different terms for interior pieces, so being my first post Im just going to word it best I can.

Ive heard of issues with the drivers doors being "sticky" on the sedans, but my Moms coupe (93 ex) has the same issue. One of the side effects is that since the door wont easily swing open when you pull the doorpull is that she pulls the handle harder and its cracked the doorpull surround. Ive repaired it once with JB weld and it held up for a year. I took the time and reinforced the weak areas on it too, but eventually it broke again. My Mom is older, and isnt the strongest ole lady, lol, but this sticky door is making her want to sell her car. Id hate to see her sell it cause its clean as hell, has the factory 6 spoke alloys, and only has 70k original miles on it.

If anyone can shed any nlight on the situation, or link me to info about it, Id really appreciate it. TIA!

Another question I just remembered is about the red/clear tails. Is there any combination that will work on the 92-93 coupes. Ive heard that you can swap the tails from the 90-91 cars and make them work, but this was all second hand info. My Mom really likes those tails, but I dont wanna buy them and not be able to make them work. Ill do some searching on that subject though. Im sure theres threads about that.

Originally posted by cb7addicted View Post
    dude for red/clears ya need either a 92-93 sedan trunk swap......or u can buy ebay tail lights that have a clear lens ....n seperate ur tail lights n the ebay tail lights n make ur own red/clears
    Yep, a search found all the info on that subject with a quickness.

Still searching for the sticky door issue...

Comment

the door is hard to open?

i usually open it and while still holding the handle use your elbow to push it open.

works for me haha try it. my first coupe the door handle on the passenger side is broke because people don't know how to open it. so i just left it like that.

70k! wow that's so young.! there's only a couple of users on this forum have less then 100k!

do you have any pictures of the car?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        the door is hard to open?

i usually open it and while still holding the handle use your elbow to push it open.
        Definatly hard to open, and when I repaired the doorpull the first time I instructed her how to open it with her elbow and that pulling on the handle harder would not make the door open easier.

Can you get inside the door and bend/shorten the wire dealio a little to make it engage a little sooner? Or is that asking for other issues in teh future?

I found a post that mentioned using canola oil on the door seals. That makes sence, but is there deterioration issues at all with that?

I can get some pix, but the its the dead of winter and the steelies are on and it looks ugly. Im going to get her some of the 94-95 seven spokes for her studless snows here before too long. Its the dark silver with maroon int. She has clear corners and bumpers, and had me install some blue ricer bulbs in the headlights, lol. She thinks they are "pretty". Gottta love Moms.

Comment

Try putting some silicone lubricant on the door seals. Just spray it onto a paper towel or rag and wipe them down.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

So basically that will solve all the problems? Is there anyhting else you can do to help the doors open easier? Seems like sloppin it up with any kind of lube or oil would just attract more dirt and gum shit up worse. Reguardless we'll give it a try, but I was hoping for a little more "mechanical" approach.

Comment

have you tried spraying the door hinges with a good lubricant and the "rod" that actually goes into the door too. open up the door all the way and "lube away"
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                and the "rod" that actually goes into the door too.
                Actually yes, with white lithium grease, but Im glad you brought that up. Like my wagon, her "rod slide" on the chassis side where its spot welded on broke off and had to be welded back on. Is that Accord typical? Ive only had one Honda do that and was wondering about that as well, I just havent fixed mine yet.

And my Mom told me when she first got the car and was having issues with the door sticking shut, the dealer just lopped on some lube too. She said it worked for a while, but needed to be reapplied very often and that this method got crap on her outfits...dont ask me how, but she mentioned it. So would love to hear if anyone else has found another way to help with the sticky door syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                X