Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

t w coolant temapure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t w coolant temapure sensor

do you know where the coolant temapure sensoer is ..........................

There are three of them: two on the upper coolant hose neck that's connected to the engine, and one on the head (I think) a little bit more rearward.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

theres 3 that I can think of...

one on the upper/front part of the engine. where the upper radiator hose goes to.
      one just behind the termostat.
      one under the dizzy.

they each have theyre own perpose

one tells the ECU the temp
      one tell the gauge the temp
      the 3rd I cant remember

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
        one tells the ECU the temp
        any idea which one this is? i cant find any info on the sensors except just coolant temp/thermo sens

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

ok thanks... i knew there were one but not three?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
            any idea which one this is? i cant find any info on the sensors except just coolant temp/thermo sens
            found it...

ok heres what its like on the OBD2 H22...

radiator fan switch=one just behind the termostat.
            engine coolant tempature (ECT) sensor=big one under the dizzy.
            engine coolant tempature (ECT) guage sending unit=skinny one (single wire) under the dizzy

OBD1 F22...

engine coolant tempature (ECT) switch A=one just behind the termostat.
            engine coolant tempature (ECT) switch B=one on the upper/front part of the engine. where the upper radiator hose goes to.
            engine coolant tempature (ECT) guage sending unit=skinny one (single wire) under the dizzy
            engine coolant tempature (ECT) sensor=big one under the dizzy.

+ rep would be appreciated

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

k cool i was just making sure i replaced the right sensor.. but it still didnt solve my problem of a cold no start..
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123242

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

which one would keep the fan running after the car is off

my cb7s radiator fan will run after the car is off and even when the car is cool ill turn the switich to on and and not even start it a it will start the fans

than once i come back to the car the relay is buzing

i herd it could be one on the these 3 sensors but which one would it be and where
                -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Make sure that your connectors are correclty plugged. the sensor under the dizzy should have a grey connector and the other two have green connectors

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
                    which one would keep the fan running after the car is off

my cb7s radiator fan will run after the car is off and even when the car is cool ill turn the switich to on and and not even start it a it will start the fans

than once i come back to the car the relay is buzing

i herd it could be one on the these 3 sensors but which one would it be and where
                    Sounds like the cooling fan timer relay, its right next to your main relay above the drivers side foot well fuse box. The relay has "fan timer" or something like that written on it.

Comment

and the sensor responsible for that one would be on the upper rad neck on the head.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X