Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My brake petal is low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brake petal is low

This past week i was drivin around and i noticed that everytime i brake the pedal keeps going down til it basically reaches the floor now i spoke to my friend about it and he told me it looks like its a problem with the master cylinder. could it be??

If it is then what i plan to do is buy the master cylinder and jus change it myself because they are charging me 150 for the labor but first i would need help from fellow cb7tuner members out there. If you have changed a mastercylinder care to help out and share some info

http://www.autozone.com/shopping/rep...00c1528005fc68
    Be sure to bench bleed prior to installation
    Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 12-15-2008, 08:28 PM.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

alright thanks for the info man , so u agree that the problem sounds like its definitaly the master cylinder

Comment

Did you ever let the brake fluid drop low where it could have got air in the system? You might not need a master cylinder. I would make sure the fluid level is full and bleed the brakes first . If your fluid was low to begin with and your brakes pads wear down, the piston can come out more then normal and cause the fluid level to go down. This can happen when someone changes the brake pads and compresses the piston causing the fluid to over flow. When those pads wear down, the fluid drops very low because it has lost fluid from overflowing on the last pad job.
        Last edited by AbsurdNY; 12-15-2008, 09:03 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

u kno wat u could b right too cause i just changed my rotors and pads not to long ago and after i got the job done thats when the problem 1st started

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakerhead28 View Post
            u kno wat u could b right too cause i just changed my rotors and pads not to long ago and after i got the job done thats when the problem 1st started
            Did you do the pads yourself? How long ago did you change the pads? Open the fluid cap and take a look in there.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

no i got em done with a mechanic and it was dont about 2 months ago and when i check the fluid its full

Comment

no i got em done with a mechanic and it was dont about 2 months ago and when i check the fluid its full
                If the fluid is full, I would try to bleed it and see if that works. If not it's probably your M.C.

My member's ride

Comment

Alright man thanks for ur help ima try it out dis weekend at my job see how everything works out ill be back with results

Comment

Alright man thanks for ur help ima try it out dis weekend at my job see how everything works out ill be back with results
                    No problem man.

My member's ride

Comment

just make sure if you bleed you do it right, i've found out a lot of people leave the purge valve open too long alowing for the piston to relax and pull air back in the lines.
                      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

when you purge have someone pump the pedal about five times and hold it down, open the purge valve for about one second and a half and repeat, also make sure you have no small leaks in the system even those cause that

Comment

the second way to do it is to get a hold of a coke bottle and fill it up about 3/4 with brake fluid, get a small hose that fits tight on the purge valve and submerge the other end inside the bottle with the fluid. make sure it is deep to where it will not suck air, open the valve and climb inside and pump slowly about 15 times then just do the same on the rest

Comment

Ok I learned about an easy way 2 bench bleed the mc. Once you have the new one in , connect all the lines. Get some1 to help you and push the brake pedal SLOWLY. When they do that release 1 of the brake lines on the mc till you see a solid stream come out and repeat on the other line.

Now once your done with that its time 2 bleed the brakes. You have to do it in ordre of furthest from the wheel. So you start with the rear passenger, then driver rear, then passenger, and then driver.

Hope this helps. Good luck

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

So Basically wat everyone is sayin is that the problem is a new master cylinder? Ok im gna do this soon cuz i had the same problem with my truck last year and it scared the shit out of me wen i went to hit the brakes. A 385 Horsepower ranger Is fun but wen ur truck cant stop it turns to hell.
                              But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comment

Working...
                              X