Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stroking the f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stroking the f22a

I looked but i didn't find any info on the possibility of stroking our stock engines the cheap junkyard style. I was thinking in the lines of getting an f23 crank and guessing f23 rods. any ideas?

The F23 rods are actually shorter than the F22. If you want to go stroker, focus more on the crank and look at the possibility of using H22 of F20B rods

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

the f23 rods are thinner too. and i would think it would lower redline due to the geometerty of the f22 as it is people stroke the h22 but it is already a shorter stroke than a f22 i would think to destroke the f22 would be cool and use a f20 crank and let it be rev happy and the f23 jornals are 55mm as your f22 is 50 or something like that so it won't work anyways

Comment

you'll need a h22a4 bottom end for the f23 stroking. i was going to go that route, but im just going to go with a custom billet crankshaft when it comes time for that build. not going to touch until late '09
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Cool now let's say I'm really up for stroking the motor and I used the h22 crank, do I use f22rods or h22s and what type of main bearings also I want to keep the stock piston

Comment

if you used a h22 crank, you'd be destroking it, lol. you have much to learn meng.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

The F22 and H23 have the longest stroke. To put in any other crank other than a custom billet or something you would be destroking the motor. If your wanting to get more out of it look more into incresing compression and valvetrain and camshaft grinds.

There is a lot more to stroking a motor than just pulling the old crank, replacing it with a new one and calling it good. There is machine work involved and clearances that HAVE to be precise. Doesn't really seem as if your ready for in depth motor work. Just keep reading and soaking in info. Ask questions so you understand.

For everyone here is a spec out of the F22 motors:
              F22A This engine series was used in the Honda Accord and Honda Prelude S. Aside from differences in tuning, these engines are substantially similar. Specifications Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm Displacement: 2156 cc Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, Non vtec Compression ratio: 8.8:1 Max power: F22A1: 125 hp (93 kW) @ 5200 rpm F22A4: 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5200 rpm F22A6: 140 hp (104 kW) @ 5600 rpm F22A7: 150 hp (110 kW) @ 5900 rpm (147hp/108kW with automatic transmission) Max torque: F22A1: 137 ft·lbf (186 N m) @ 4000 rpm F22A4: 142 ft·lbf (193 N m) @ 4000 rpm F22A6: 142 ft·lbf (193 N m) @ 4500 rpm F22A7: 145 ft·lbf (198 N m) @ 5000 rpm
              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

dont even know if this combo would work.. havent looked up specs but.. lets see who finds out if it will or wont

h22a4 usdm block (55mm mains)
                f23a crank(55mm mains)
                f22a rods
                88mm CP slugs
                h22a head

should be fun(that is if it can be put together) lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thanks guys I see what you mean I forgot the H22 has a shorter stroke and Bigger bore and basically there is no crank that just bolts up using the same main and crank bearings. Anyway i did see that Race Engineering sells pistons for the f22 that use std. 85mm bore I think that's the route i'm going to take with my bottom end and also crower rods. i really wanted to stroke the vehicle but in cheap way but i guess there really isn't a cheap way

Comment

Originally posted by pz3rd View Post
                    thanks guys I see what you mean I forgot the H22 has a shorter stroke and Bigger bore and basically there is no crank that just bolts up using the same main and crank bearings. Anyway i did see that Race Engineering sells pistons for the f22 that use std. 85mm bore I think that's the route i'm going to take with my bottom end and also crower rods. i really wanted to stroke the vehicle but in cheap way but i guess there really isn't a cheap way
                    compression is where it's at.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

always keep in mind if you don't have the time or money to do it right the first time, much less to go back and do it right a second time.
                      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                        dont even know if this combo would work.. havent looked up specs but.. lets see who finds out if it will or wont

h22a4 usdm block (55mm mains)
                        f23a crank(55mm mains)
                        f22a rods
                        88mm CP slugs
                        h22a head

should be fun(that is if it can be put together) lol
                        cmon carlos, you know its supposed to be f23 rods to match the crank because of deck heights lol. ur killin me lol. j/p mang.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Just remember that even though your throwing the std bore pistons back in you still need to hone the cyls to make sure your rings seal correctly. There is ALWAYS machine work needed when rebuildign/refreshing a motor.

Bump your comp ratio to around 9.5 or 10:1 and have your head proted and intake mani ported and add new valves and check the rest of your valvetrain then add a cm gear (adj of course) and change all seals and belts and you should have a stout F22a.
                          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si View Post
                            There is ALWAYS machine work needed when rebuildign/refreshing a motor..
                            Not always. If the cylinder walls are in great shape, there's no need. It won't hurt to have it done though. I didn't rehone mine when I did my h23 vtec.

Oh and Carlos. I know someone that will more than likely do the frank you posted.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                            X