Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Build parts and upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Build parts and upgrades

Alright everyone I'm new to Honda in general so try not to criticize me, I don't know exactly how to navigate this site. So anyway on saturday i pulled the engine on my 1990 accord ex manual, and did it the hard way now that i see its easier to pull the tranny with it. The engine i have is a F22A1, I do not plan on swapping right now just to build up and turbo it. I have a turbo setup sitting in my garage with a garret T25 turbo and a Toyota Supra intercooler, i will be relocating the battery to the trunk. I have not torn the engine apart yet, But here is what I need, an engine rebuild kit, valve springs, camshaft, any other little upgrades i can do for rather cheap,
    thanks everyone for there input

Originally posted by StrikeForce View Post
    Alright everyone I'm new to Honda in general so try not to criticize me, I don't know exactly how to navigate this site. So anyway on saturday i pulled the engine on my 1990 accord ex manual, and did it the hard way now that i see its easier to pull the tranny with it. The engine i have is a F22A1, I do not plan on swapping right now just to build up and turbo it. I have a turbo setup sitting in my garage with a garret T25 turbo and a Toyota Supra intercooler, i will be relocating the battery to the trunk. I have not torn the engine apart yet, But here is what I need, an engine rebuild kit, valve springs, camshaft, any other little upgrades i can do for rather cheap,
    thanks everyone for there input
    check it, and good luck on the build

http://www.performance-auto-parts.co...kits-honda.php
    90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

wow that looks like it will work great thanks for the input now does any one know of a good turbo cam and heavy duty valve springs, or any others to add to this build, i also need a new clutch as long as everything is out

Comment

check out www.bisimoto.com

Comment

Read here for info and ideas http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Best turbo cam that you can get would be Bisi 1.2 level regrind.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=73467
          http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...products_id=34

You might want to get rid of T25 cuz it will damage your investments, good turbo are 14b> big 16g > EVO III big 16g best.

Take your time reading and learning about boost before you buy any parts.
          Good luck with your builb!

Comment

Welcome aboard! It's Nhia
            91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

this is my first turbo project car so the t25 is just a start and i got it for cheap, how important is the front motor mount?

Comment

this is my first turbo project car so the t25 is just a start and i got it for cheap, how important is the front motor mount?
                you can do without it, a few guys have fabbed something up, others left it off... all it does is dampen the motor when you shift.

Comment

I would feel much safer with a motor mount there but there is just no room with the turbo being there, thanks Nhia I hope to be meeting with you soon

Comment

I would feel much safer with a motor mount there but there is just no room with the turbo being there, thanks Nhia I hope to be meeting with you soon
                    X2....I was thinking the same thing too. Without the front mount, the motor will have too much excessive movement from all that extra torque which then will quickly damage and or wear down the other suspension or meachanical components on the vehicle. I was actually thinking about using a t25 with a T3/T4 manifold for f22a's and then slap on an adapter for a T25 to T3. However, the downfall on this method could mean that the setup will take up more space. But to be sure of that, someone would have to give it try.
                    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

if your going to put any money into your motor dont use the t25. its not a matter of a little turbo not making a lot of power its a matter of a little turbo creating so much heat that it will destroy your motor. if you want to do it for the experience go for it but dont expect that motor to last. the 14b is really to small also. the big 16g or a t3/t4 hybrid is where you want to be. do some research and look into what other people have

Comment

alright i will look into it it'll probably a month or so till I build the engine,
                        I'm gonna go with the bisimoto level 1.2 regrind turbo cam, but still looking for valve springs

Comment

http://www.honda-performance.com/valve-train.asp

check the ultimate valvetrain package, kinda pricey but looks like quality.
                          90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

if your going with a bisimoto cam i would go with all the valvetrain components that he offers or recommends

Comment

I'm trying to keep it somewhat cheap, worst case scenario i can still run the bisimoto cam with stock valvetrain other than springs?

Comment

Working...
                              X